Carnival Victory Cruise Review by SneezyKevinA

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Victory Cruise Review by SneezyKevinA
Carnival Victory
Carnival Victory
Member Name: SneezyKevinA
Cruise Date: May 2008
Cabin Category: 8C
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Victory is great!
My wife and I left our kids at home at a shot at a very relaxing vacation. for both of us this was it! The Victory is a fine ship. The layout to get to the Pacific dining room can be confusing the first time but you quickly get used to it.

We chose this itinerary because of the 3 sea days which felt more like 4! I'm not a huge excursion person but still had fun on them. You can only visit so many of the same stores on at each port before boredom sets in. My only complaint about port days is the time is so limited. Longer days would be a real boon so you could do more.

San Juan Felt Dirty and was a very short time in shore. St Thomas is simply stunning, wish they stayed into the evening for romantic sunsets over the island. St Martin also seemed dirty but more of that was due to the ongoing construction of the port. On all of the islands I'd prefer to see more "local" shops than the standard DI and Del Sol ect.

The time on Victory was great. We didn't do a lot of the on board activities but chose to read and enjoy each others company. It seemed that the others who took on shows and "malcom" enjoyed them thoroughly. I highly suggest going to Tea Time on the Sea days. we had a blast and met other CC Members there. Ya just can't beat the fresh crumpets! It makes for a relaxing time out of the sun. The food in the dining room as fantastic. I can't understand why anyone would choose buffet food over being served a full 3 course meal.

The staff on the Victory truly made it a wonderful experience. One of the photographers remembered us after the first night and insisted on taking our picture when she saw us. we got some great memories from that.

I would stay away from cabins under the restaurants as they start rolling carts around about 4:30 am and you can hear them. I don't sleep much so it didn't bother me to bad.

My chief complaint is I wish the smoking on one side of the ship was enforced. I have asthma and just can't take it. Needless to day I didn't gamble!

All in all we had a great time and would cruise on her again without question. Carnival sure knows how to keep you entertained!

Publication Date: 06/02/08