Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Shezadi

Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: Shezadi
Cruise Date: May 2008
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: D6
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
        16+ 5.0

LuxuryOnly.com

Read this before you go...Seriously.
As we embarked from Pier 12 in Brooklyn, NY I was so amazed at how beautiful this ship truly was. The outside was extravagant, and only led my imagination to so much inside. I am in my 20's have been on the Carnival before this trip and that was the best ship I have ever been on.

Upon entering the Vessel we were nicely greeted by the attentive staff- and had our pictures taken by friendly men. The staff was extremely elegant, and attentive. If I could rate this staff in comparison to the staff on the Carnival I would say the Carnival staff were more lively and conversations with the members on board, whereas, the crew on Queen Mary 2 were very very professional. (Depends which you like better, I enjoyed the Carnival setting). The check-in process was easy and fast, we went into our cabins and were very satisfied with it. The room service ( which is 24 hours free of charge ) was amazing, and we ordered it every night. I went on this ship with my family, and as soon as we entered we saw no one under the age of 50. The members of this ship were 50+ and the theme of the ship really reflected it.

The ship was crowded in a lot of spots, especially on deck 2 and 3 whenever we wanted to use the elevator. Also, the people...who were in their "twilight years" were moving extremely slow.. so that could have been the reason as well.

The food was mediocre. Carnival's food was better. We were seated in the Britannia restaurant, luckily there were 6 of us so we just sit at one table not needing to sit with any strangers. The service was very slow, but the poor guys seemed like they had a lot of tables to attend too. Also, the food was in SUCH SMALL quantities. Unfortunately, If you want to dine right then don't follow the restaurant, dine on Deck 7 at the King's Court where its open style buffet, you can take as much quantity as you'd like.

The shows were alright, they were extremely short and there was only 2 shows in a night, there was no late night fun or anything - The carnival used to have late night comedy shows and fun shows ... this ship was far too elegant for that. If you enjoy dressing up every night for 5 nights, you will enjoy this ship. Dress Code is VERY Strict.

For pastime - me and my other friend who is also in her 20's just took pictures and hung out at the pub. The photographers were very nice and elegant- I enjoyed them. The canyon ranch spa's prices were atrocious, but we had absolutely nothing to do except for that and eating.

Just as a tip - if you are younger than 45 you might not enjoy this as much, mainly because the activities to do are not geared towards the younger crowd. The royal court theatre ( where all the shows were ) was the only place to watch shows, and then after that the fun stopped. (Which was about 9P)

In the end of it, we were surprised with a 55 dollar bill for using the restaurant of Britannia which we were assigned too, and we weren't the only ones charged... the whole row of people were charged. So be careful of unwanted charges... you will have to pay them, because they will be a surprise and come up. Maybe we chose the wrong ship to be on for activities and fun - Hopefully this review will make you understand the theme better of this ship.

Publication Date: 06/02/08