Carnival Glory Cruise Review by pcnc

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 4a
Dining 5+

Great vacation!
We arrived at the Radisson hotel on Friday. Good place to stay. The hotel provided a shuttle service and allows you to leave your vehicle at the hotel while you cruise. You also save time getting to the customs gate if you use their service.

Departed Port Canaveral Saturday 4:00pm. We grabbed some pizza dropped our carry-on luggage in our room, shortly there after was the drill. The room porters took care of getting our luggage into our rooms as it was sorted out. We had an inside state room, which was all we needed. There is plenty of closet space for all of the clothes that you bring that you probably will never use. Yes we over packed.

Sunday we arrived in Nassau, at the end of the boardwalk we were greeted by several locals offering tours. We had nothing planned and wasn't sure what to do. After a discussion with a gentleman named Shawn Murray 'Baby D' we decided to go with him. $30.00 a person. He was a very good tour guide and I highly recommend him. We finished the tour and had a couple of hours to shop.

Tuesday St Thomas, we booked an excursion through St Thomas Excursions, we chartered a 42 ft. sail boat. Only 6 people can go on this boat. We were traveling with another couple and the 4 of us had the boat to ourselves. Of course the boat 'Forever Young' came equipped with Capt.'Larry' and mate 'Kim'. Excellent day away from the cruise crowd. We went to a couple of places to snorkel, sailed around a bit, had a great lunch, plenty to drink and eat, all for about $125 per person.Excellent!

Wednesday St Maarten, we booked a jeep and water craft excursion through St Maarten excursions. About $100 a person. The jeep ride was ok, they drive like maniacs on the island so throw safety aside and hang on. The water craft was really cool but the snorkeling wasn't as nice as St Thomas. You are in more open water so it isn't as peaceful and clear like St Thomas. We ate at Guavaberry on Orient Beach. My wife and I had a couple of burgers, fries, and their specialty punch for about $18. We then drove back to the ship with plenty of time to shop in town. Taxi fare is $3.00 a person into town. Husbands let the ladies get their free jewelry it makes them happy and does cost except for the taxi.

Thursday and Friday 2 days at sea, plenty of time to get fat. The on board experience was great. We hung out at the back of the ship most of the time and there were very few kids back there. I wish the cruise lines would make sections of the ship adults only. I don't care for being around kids when I'm on vacation. The only 'adult only' area was I think for topless sunbathing. If thats your thing have at it.

The Glory was a great 1st time cruise experience for my wife and I. No complaints other than it was too short.  We are hooked on cruising, the cost of cruising is about what we would spend renting a house at the beach, food, gas, charter boat fishing, etc. The formal nights are nice, excellent food and its all you can eat. I would order 2 or 3 starters, then bring on the main courses, lamb, red snapper, grouper, then give me lots of desserts. Take advantage of the photo shoots, you don't have to buy them if you don't want them. There are too many things to do on board.Try the sushi if you never have, its free, if you don't like it you haven't lost anything. My only advice to 1st time cruisers, don't overpack, bring a clothes steamer, irons aren't allowed, lose ten pounds before going, I gained 11, let the wife get her free stuff, buy her a nice ring onboard, and bring plenty of money so you can have fun. Thank you Carmello, Priyo, Milana, Joseph, Caiton, and the all of the other Glory employees for making this vacation great.

Publication Date: 05/31/08