Carnival Valor Cruise Review by cookie225: ANOTHER GREAT CARNIVAL CRUISE!!!

cookie225
Member Since 2007

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

ANOTHER GREAT CARNIVAL CRUISE!!!

Sail Date: May 2008

This was our 7th carnival cruise DH and I traveled alone this time, usually we travel in groups of 16-20 people. We usually spend 2-3 days in the town of departure but this time we lest just one day before. our flight was delayed at La Guardia airport for 4 hours, which was no big deal for us but about 15 people were there trying to get on any plane because they had ships to board at 4pm in Miami....well we got to miami at 3:pm and thanks to the agents at american airlines the cruise lines had representative waiting for them, but i don't think they had enough time to put their luggage. This made me feel grateful for travel insurance & coming in at least 1 day before my ship leaves.

Embarkation: Was a breeze because we are VIP =)members of Carnival vacation Club.

SHIP: Very clean- staff not as friendly as on some of their other ships when you pass them in the hallway or when they clean your table at Rosie's but not rude or unpleasant. My steward was great & More made the best towel animals for me. The ship's theme was very nice & not gaudy at all.

DINING: We had dinner at Scarlet's twice and was amazing! the best surf&turf ever! Lobster in the dining room was the best i had in any of their ships. We had dinner at Rosies on lido deck 2 nights which we have never done before, the selections were not many but good. Purser's Desk VERY unfriendly & i just went for a deck of cards but just watching their attitudes & faces with other guests made me glad i had no issues so i didn't have to go there again.

Activities were good only because the activities team was very enthusiastic, we had a large group of "santas" on the ship, yes everyone of them looked like santa claus and they were picked for most of the pool activities which was fun. Entertainment: we are not big on sitting for shows but the 2 we saw were very good and i didn't feel i was watching something i had seen before on other ships. IMO Chris jefferson the cruise director was great and his announcements over the pa system were not loud or often....

OK now for SHORE EXCURSIONS.....we always go on our own, since we were born on one....we know the drills.... Nassau,Bahamas....took a cab to the wyndham, walked over to the Sheraton it was really empty on the beach at 10Am didn't have to pay for the day passes, used the lounges & tikki huts & the pools are amazing! some local was selling drinks inside a real coconut for $6 and $3 refills needless to say we staggered back to the ship =)He was right on the beach between both hotels...

St Thomas---cab to sapphire beach, beautiful beach and there is a shack that sells soft drinks & rent the lounges for $7 each..no food but there is a waiter from the restaurant of the hotel on site that comes around to see if you want to order....the beach has bathrooms but no bar....after a few hours took a cab to Megan's Bay... i was not impressed at all!! the restaurant there is filthy, filthy. the bay was dirty and the lounge chairs were packed next to each other that i said forget this...but before leaving went to the bar and ordered 2 "painkillers" which is one of their best cocktails and went(very happily) back to the ship...overall the weather was beautiful & im cruisin so who's complaining........

ST Maarten.....we didn't want to see nudies so we went to DAWN BEACH...great choice. grabbed lounges by Mr Busbys & ordered drinks and was in heaven......at one end is the WESTIN which i walked over to see cause they sell day passes on their off season (gorgeous) and at the other end a very nice restaurant where the deck is right on top of the water & we had lunch (in my bikini) with the waves crashing beneath us, i forgot the name but u cant miss it cause dawn its like an u-shape beach, we got our best pictures taken on that pier, the lunch& drinks were good and only $25....=)i will go again in a heartbeat & also try for a day pass at the Westin.... So pretty much everything was perfect....we only had one incident with rowdy neighbor's kids. One morning at sea the parents were banging on the door because apparently the kids locked them out...after they yelled for what seemed eternity to me...i opened my door and said..."Should i call security'? and that was the end to that....Valor is a nice ship but my favorites still are The Pride & Destiny, even though i wish they had more than just a lousy hour in the disco for latin music (maybe a latin night),Carnival is still my fun ship....... Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>