Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by honeybfli85

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by honeybfli85
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: honeybfli85
Cruise Date: May 2008
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Rates 5+

The Chamber!
This is my second cruise with Royal Caribbean and this one was great! I went with my bf(25) Sister(26) her bf(20 something) my mom(54) and her friend (around her age)! ok well lets start with the bus like i went on Entertainment tours well the bus driver was very rude and had no clue he was bringing us to new jersey he kept on insisting that it was to new york and he was dropping off at Carnival, well i showed him my receipt and my bus tickets and that solved that problem! ok well it was a rainy day when we left and the bus ride took longer than expected but when we arrived to the Port it was smooth as can be from there! We were checked in and were on the ship within 15 minutes! OK so we had a Promenade, it was wonderful! i highly recommend it. it was very spacious and if you wanted room service you didn't have to eat on your bed, there were 2 couches and a beauty station! very spacious!

The Promenade is gorgeous! it really feels like you are walking on the street! As soon as we got on the ship we went to the windjammer and had a delicious lunch! did the Monster drill and we were off! i bought some bingo tickets and played bingo! i ended up winning a free mini facial! (gave it to my mom for mothers day). Phil the activities guy was so funny! You are Phil you are! We had 2nd dinner on the 4th floor, our waiters were Rufo and Merrick! WOW they were excellent! deff the best we've had so far. they are hard workers! by the 2nd day they knew what dessert i wanted! i am predictable! the food was excellent every night! The dance club is good! Good times at the Chamber! The casino was fun! i won a few hundred dollars! there was this one machine and this lady was on it for days! every time i would walk by she would have her light on bc she would keep winning money! she wouldn't get off that damn machine! haha

ok so lets talk about the ports of call! Day 4 we were at St Thomas! we booked the excursion the ultimate island experience. (the day before we went to a program and my mom bought this booklet that you got all kinds of free things you just had to go and claim them she never got to because the bus didn't drop us off at the place it was supposed to so she never got to get anything so she paid $25 for nothing) ok so getting off the boat was very quick! as soon as we got off the buses were right there ready to bring you on the excursion! the bus ride was nice the roads are so windy tho a little scary but when you get to the top its worth it! we made a few stops.. took pictures.. and then went to Megan's bay for 2 hrs. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! the food is very expensive at the little hut tho! i think a hamburger was like $8 so anyways after we left Megan's Bay we were brought back to where we got dropped off and did a some shopping at the stores some were closing tho by the time we got back but all in all it was a good day! We went to the windjammer the first few days for lunch but we started going to the casual dining rooms the rest of the cruise.. its much more relaxed and the menus are great! you should try it out!

Day 5 Puerto Rico. so we signed up for an excursion it was the new and old San Juan plus the Bacardi factory. so we started by going to a fort. there was some place else we were supposed to go to but they weren't open yet so the bus driver said he would take us to the Bacardi factory and go to the other forts later. So we get to the factory and went straight for the drinks! 2 drinks per person but we got 6 extra tickets from our bus driver! it was my bf and i and my sister and her bf that went on this excursion. before we knew it we were feeling very nice at 930 in the morning! so we bought 2 bottles of Rum great deal! so after we left the rum factory we asked the bus driver to drop us off down town so we could do some shopping! so he dropped the people off at the forts and dropped us off down town to do some shopping! its something you deff want to do! Puerto Rico is beautiful! We went to Senor Frogs to grab a drink! the 4 of us got a drink for 2 drinks it was $30 dollars. the were big drinks i guess but they were tall def not worth $15 a piece. well it was funny! my bf put down $20 dollars and said you guys pay the rest. me and my sister laugh bc they guys both thought it was $30 dollars all together so we pay for the drinks and realize that we gotta get back to the ship in 10 mins so we decide to break the law and bring the drinks back to the pier. we suck them down in 5 minutes before we go thru security and then as we are getting onto the ship there are some young kids that stand behind us with their drinks filled up and got right on. So we sucked ours down for nothing. and got realllllyyyy tipsy realllllllyyyy quickly! (good times).

The parade's were awesome! you gotta get to them early to get a good seat! Day 5 Labadee. WOW was it hott!!!! me and my bf went jetskiing... we were waiting for the rest of the group to catch up when these guys came canoeing up to us in the water and grabbed our jetski to pull them close to us and were trying to have you buy something! i know thats crazy right! i couldn't believe that they would have people harass you into buying things in the middle of our excursion mind you we were jetskiing. One of the guys out of the 4 that came had a royal Caribbean shirt on but there was NOT A NAME TAG! they are very pushy at the market. they will grab you and put things on your arm! there were armed cops walking around. These was this fence behind where we were eating (i think it it around the whole island) and there were these guys standing on rocks in the trees waving their hands in the air asking us to come over! BE CAREFUL! it was a beautiful island tho! very very hott! the guys on the beach weren't pushy.. very friendly!

At dinner every night we had a shot! yummy they were delicious! The couple we sat with were awesome! (Joyce and Duane HEY GUYS!) Quest was fun! my mom entered and so did Duane. 2nd place! All in All it was a great cruise. Next year we are going on the Freedom of the Seas! its funny once you go on a big ship you don't want to go on a smaller one again! i've been spoiled! I highly recommend this ship! everything was great!!! I love Royal Caribbean and wouldn't do it any other way! Until next year BON Voyage!!!!

Publication Date: 05/26/08