Azamara Journey Cruise Review by Vivian

Member Name: Vivian
Cruise Date: April 2008
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: 2A
See More About: Azamara Journey Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Azamara Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

More then we could of Imagined
We started our Trans-Atlantic cruise with Hellos and Smiles from all the people who worked aboard. We headed for the Windows Cafe and it was a bit busy with everyone arriving at the same time. We found some excellent choices of food and sampled all the desserts. My husband and brother-in-law also sampled the ice creams. Gave it only a medium rating but it could not of been that bad because when ever I saw them they had a dish of ice cream in their hands. We loved Breeza Cafe. Sitting there with an espresso during days at sea was a delight. The Pool Grill was a favorite when sitting at the pool during sea days. Yummy French Fries and Hot Dogs.

The first person we ran into was Phillip the Hotel Manager. He always has a kind word or joke to say and his smile made your day. Azamara better not let him go. The pool deck staff was wonderful and always there with a hot or cold towels, depending on the weather along with blankets for the cool days at the pool and chocolate covered sherbet pops.

Our Butler Andrew and was another Gem. Andrew and his assistant always new what we needed and had it before we could ask for it. Had our room cleaned by the time we got back from breakfast or dinner. I miss the Truffles and Chocolate dipped Strawberries. Oh where is Andrew?

We like to eat late for dinner so by 7:45-8PM it was not to difficult to get a good table. We traveled with my Sister and brother-in-law and after sitting at 3 different tables with 3 different servers we choose to sit with the same servers for the rest of the cruise. They were Jasmina and Jelena from Serbia. What a wonderful attentive pair. We never had a problem getting them for the rest of the cruise. We found the formal dining room food to be excellent! Never had a bad dinner because our servers directed us to the right choices.

We ate at both Prime C and Aqualina 4 times and all were wonderful dining experiences.

We enjoyed our fellow passengers. They were well seasoned travelers. My husband and I have only been on 14 cruises so compared to us they had seen the world. We meet a wonderful group of people and have e-mailed them since our return and hopefully will see them on another cruise.

I was afraid that there would not be enough to do on such a small ship compared to the larger ships but we found plenty to get involved in during the sea days. My husband loves to line dance and his brother-in-law took it up for the first time. It was a great work out. Naomi from Australia was the instructor. She was a good sport. Along with the rest of the Cruise Staff. We played Trivia with Kelsy every day at sea and it became a bit of a rivalry between several groups. We still e-mail them with Trivia questions. We attended the wine tastings and Stefania and her staff made it such a delight. We looked forward to seeing her and getting her suggestions for which wine we would be having at dinner that evening.

I found the tours good that we took but not a great variety in choices. For the most part our tour guides were excellent and spoke English very well. We only had one rainy day on land and that was in Ponta Delgada, Azores. We had booked a trip to Sete Cidades and a wine tasting. The fog had rolled in that morning and we could not see down from the top of the mountain but as we came back down the mountain it started to clear and the rest of the tour was worth it.

The variety of entertainment was excellent. We always seemed to end our evenings at the Cova Cafe listening to the piano bar player.

When we passed by Gibraltar at 11:30 pm Captain Karlsson announced that he would get as close as he could so we could see the outline of the Rock of Gibraltar. It looked like a Christmas tree all lite up. What a highlite of the trip.

As an added treat Captain Karlsson would lean over the bridge and say Good Morning every morning to My Husband and me. Our Balcony was just below the bridge.

When it was time to leave the Azamara Journey, Captain Leif Karlsson was waiting to say good by to everyone and Paul the cruise director was waiting to shake our hands at the bottom of the gang way. My husband is already planning our next cruise on the Journey.

Vivian