Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by dolphingirl: All I can say is I loved it

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

All I can say is I loved it

Sail Date: May 2008
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

I had a group of 53 who were on the 8 night eastern caribbean cruise that departed on May 9th. This was my families 3rd cruise we have sailed with Disney and Carnival and I must say I was very pleased with this ship. The ship was beautiful and I think its in very good shape for being 8 years old.

Embarkation was great. It was the most organized and fastest we have ever gotten on a ship and since we only had to take a 3 hour ride to get there it was even better.

The crew I thought was very friendly, always saying hello or good morning. Our waiters for the dining room were the best. And I think this was the first cruise I have ever been on where I thought that the head waiter actually deserved a tip he stopped at our table every night to make sure everything was going good and if it wasn't he took care of it.

The shows and all the entertainment was great I really liked the ice show.

I thought the children's program was great I had a friend who had More a younger child and she said she thought they did so much more than Disney had done with the children, her child was always wanting to back. My kids are 12 and 14 and they had a lot of neat stuff for their age also.

The food was great we ate breakfast and lunch in the windjammer and dinner in the dining room and usually at night for a snack before bed time we would go to the promenade. One day for lunch we went to Johnny rockets and that was neat we enjoyed when they sang and danced for you.

The ports were nice, in Puerto Rico my family went to the fort my kids really enjoyed that. ST. Thomas just walked around and shopped but wish I would have done a tour I heard a lot of people say that was great. And Labadee was our favorite, very nice beach day.

The last day getting off the ship I was lavender tag color and it took us a lot longer to get off than I wanted it too but it was very organized and again the easiest I have ever seen. And i thought it was awesome the way they put you in the palace and let people come up on the stage and ask anything they wanted to know it kept people entertained while waiting.

I loved sailing on the Explorer and I will recommend RC to everyone. I wish they had more of the bigger ships closer to where we live because we really like the big ships but not having to fly. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>