Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by lrskill

Entertainment 5+
        10-12 1.0
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

The Jones' Conquer the Conquest!
Carnival Conquest Review

Embarkation: One of the easiest I've ever done. They had a mix up on the Credit Cards but the lady fixed it and we got on board fairly quickly. Took our picture and walked on. We didn't do the ship tour but it wasn't a hard ship to get around. The Victory had a very similar layout.

Our Stateroom: We had cabin 6422. An 8A Balcony. It was awesome. Our cabin steward was Hermogones (say that 10 times fast) and he was very good. We had him unlock the refrigerator and he was concerned our son would drink it all so he kept pointing out the prices! I thought that was hilarious! We got our luggage before sail away and had everything put up by 3:30. We had tons of storage. The bathroom seemed a little smaller than I remembered but was efficient enough. We had tons of mirrors in our cabin so it was easy for the 3 of us to get ready everyday. The shower had good water pressure and temperature was always good. I can't wait to do it all over again!

Dining: We were in the Renoir - Table 162. Our head water was Musahil (King of the Hill) and his assistant was Agus. They were too awesome. They took care of our every need! One night Kevin (nieces fiancE) didn't like what he go so he ordered the Fried Shrimp. They asked him how many and he said four...well they brought him FOUR PLATES! That boy did not go away hungry! Then Hill brought him a banana split for dessert because he didn't order anything else! It was hilarious. Hill only has 2 weeks left on the Conquest until he goes home. He told us that when he gets home he is adopting a baby boy. He has 3 daughters and has always wanted a boy. Because of this he treated my son like royalty! He was very good. He made me feel like he was part of my family too.

Shows: They were awesome! The lead singers have some amazing voices. DS went to the magician and juggler without us. He was very mesmerized. He loved it and kept telling us all about it.

The Staff: Was absolutely awesome! Ralph was great, Hinnie was hilarious! The Conquest has to have the nicest staff in the entire line. I didn't run into anybody being rude. Everybody had a smile on their faces and greeted us every time they saw us! It was just too good. Made the trip 100% better!

M&M Party: We had our Meet & Mingle on Monday at 2pm in the Blue's Piano Bar. I had talked to Mach and he got it all set up through John Heald. Boy did they treat us well! Ralph showed up and some of his Staff (Hinnie & Jamie). He did some trivia and gave some prizes away! He had snacks for us. He also had the Piano Guy (can't remember his name) come and play for us. And boy was he good! I didn't make it back to the Piano bar to listen to him but he was extremely good at the M&M. All I can say is that Ralph went out of his way to make our M&M Special. I want to give a big THANK YOU to Ralph for going the extra mile and a bigger THANK YOU to John for getting it set up! I think all the people in our roll call really enjoyed it. As Ralph was leaving he asked for our cabin numbers. I was able to get a few of them and to our surprise we ended up with Chocolate Covered Strawberries in our room! They were just too good! That was an awesome gesture.

Debarkation: Well, we were number 22. We didn't get out of the terminal until 12:30. We were constantly moving but it was just a pain to have to wait for over two hours to get through the terminal. That was actually the latest I have ever gotten off a ship. And no there is no food after 8:30 on the ship! It didn't ruin my trip it just made getting off worse! I didn't want to go home!

Jamaica: We went to Sunset Beach. It was a private Excursion I had found through CC. It is $40 for Adults and $20 for kids. And well worth it! This is an awesome place. It was all inclusive. It has two slides (you can see the ship from there), a regular pool, a lazy river. a swim up bar. Plus it includes the beach and all the non motorized equipment (snorkeling and stuff). This place is a hidden GEM! My whole family was very pleased with it.

Grand Cayman: We just went to Seven Mile beach next to the Royal Palms. It was a $4 cab ride then you rent chairs for $5, Umbrellas for $10, snorkeling Equipment for $15. I loved the sand there! It was amazing! And the water! OMG! It was just beautiful! GC is the only place that I ran into rude people. The Cab driver lost his tip because of his rudeness. I guess they don't care if they get tips or not. They just wanted us to spend our money and go on. We did run into two nice guys working on the beach at the Royal Palms. One was South Africa and the Other from Northern Ireland. They were great and very funny!

Cozumel: MIL, DS and I went on the Atlantis Submarine. Now if you don't swim or snorkel this is the excursion for you! It was just to cool to see all the fish! DH went to Calica/Playa Del Carmen to get a HD Shirt. He took the ferry and said it was awesome. We were to meet up at Carlos and Charlie's but I went in there and was very offended. IT was too loud and those people were paying to be treated that way. It wasn't for me. DS started crying so we left. We did some shopping in the shops next to the pier. DH bought me a beautiful Flour Sack dress. It is gorgeous! He did good! I love it. And it fit perfectly! Oh, and he bought some Aha Toro. And got it on the ship! But hasn't drank it yet.

I'm trying to do this without my capers. But if you have questions, just feel free to ask. I'll answer what I can!

And if you didn't get it, we had an awesome cruise! DS Cried all the way home because he didn't want to leave his CONQUEST!

Publication Date: 05/20/08