Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by seasick sissy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by seasick sissy
Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Infinity
Member Name: seasick sissy
Cruise Date: May 2008
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Stormy & Beautiful Alaska
This is our first Celebrity cruise, we have been on two Royal Caribbean cruises before. We live in the Northwest, so we were able to drive to Seattle to board the ship. The cruise was a stop in Ketchikan from 9am to 3pm, Cruise the Hubbard Glacier, Juneau from 9am to 7pm and Victoria BC scheduled for 2pm to 8pm.

The ship arrived in Seattle Friday at 8pm but we were able to check our bags and take the Hop On Hop Off buses around Seattle for free to fill the time. We did still have to wait from 5pm to 10:45 before we could get on the ship. The Celebrity workers did keep everyone informed, but got a lot of angry people who thought we would embark right at 8:30 as mentioned in the documents. I am sure the upper class boarded first, so that would have been a perk, we however were trying to go the cheapest way possible, so didn't mind the wait, especially since we had been informed of it earlier through e-mail and one letter. We had pre-registered online had a FastPass, I don't remember the exact name, but you really should do this! It takes about 1 minute to check in and get your SeaPass. We parked in the parking garage at Pier 66 and checked our luggage there. That was great! They even had a Carry on check area at the Port so that you didn't have to carry your smaller bags around Seattle.

While in Seattle we went to the Pikes Market, that is worth seeing, I wish I had taken a video of the fish mongers singing and tossing huge fish back and forth. The flowers were incredible and the produce just beautiful!!

Once on the ship, we had a great time exploring. Our cabin was at the front of the ship on deck 8, just under the Aqua Spa on deck 10. That was convenient to run up to the pool or there is a great cafe in the Aqua spa with healthy food, it was very good. I also stopped here for coffee or juice since the restaurant and Oceanview Cafe/buffet were at the other end of the ship. The Aqua Spa is semi enclosed and they keep it pretty warm in there. It is a nice place to lounge if the the sun isn't out.

Our room was very nice, an inside cabin but we weren't in there too often. When we did go to lay down during the day, it was nice and dark. Our friends had a oceanview room on deck 2 and couldn't keep their curtains closed, she had to use a hair clip to keep from being woken up at 4:30 each morning when the sun rose.

I am so glad that I read the tip to take a hanging shoe organizer, we had at least 12 pair, so the 8 pair holder came in really handy. I also read to bring a power strip. We did have two phone chargers, a camera battery charger and my curling iron, it was nice to have the strip there to plug into. The bathroom does have a hair dryer, but if you depend on yours for your hairstyle, you will want your own. Plus, you can do your hair while someone else is in the bathroom. There is no iron, although the pressing service is pretty cheap, you just have to plan ahead and send things out.

In Ketchikan, we did a Zip Line excursion through Alaska Canopy Adventures, it was Awesome, to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always wanted to do a Zipline, and this is the place to do it, in terms of safety anyway. The weather was good to us, it was cold, so wear gloves inside the gloves they give you, but it didn't rain on us. It usually does rain and they have nice rain jackets, you will want a ball cap to keep the rain off your face and thin warm layers. You can't zip the rain coats that they give you and the harness has to go over your clothes. Wear layers and take off what you don't need if it isn't too cold. They lock up the stuff you don't take, so it is safe to leave it. The harnesses are top notch, I felt very safe in the gear. There is no hiking or walking, so it isn't strenuous at all. The hardest thing is the heights. I am afraid of heights, but I know once I got a hold on myself I would be OK. Others, however in our group never quite got OK with the heights, they had fun though. The Zip line itself is wonderful, the feeling going across is exhilarating, not quite a feeling of flying, but very cool! I would love to do it again! The crew that helps you are great, they really helped the ones who were scared and were patient with everyone, also made it really fun!

On the ship, don't miss the Pastries at 3pm each day in the Cova Cafe or the Tea that they have in the restaurant. It was on Wednesday on our cruise, it was so much fun! There were finger foods and sweets that we didn't have on the rest of the cruise. The brunch was wonderful, that was one morning and very worth attending. I also had a Hot Stone Massage for 50 mins for $89. I thought that was wonderful and not a bad price. It was a special on Monday or Tuesday, but I scheduled it for Wed. The Wine Pairing class is worth way more than the $10 fee. Take advantage of that too! The drink specials were great each day at $4.95.

Publication Date: 05/19/08