Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by winli02

Member Name: winli02
Cruise Date: May 2008
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

First Timer Cruiser--very pleased
This was the first cruise for my husband and me. Four days was optimal... in case one or both of us hated it. We approached it in an unconventional way but had a great time. What I mean by "unconventional" is that we purposely avoided sit-down dining, any event that we had to "dress" for and did limited activities at the ports. We basically wanted to see if we liked being on a ship.

That being said, getting to the port was fine--flight on Jet Blue and transfers were fine. Unfortunately, we must have hit peak time for boarding, but the lines moved fast. Our cabin was decent sized---balcony room on Caribe Deck, mid-ship. As I said, we did not do any sit-down dining---only the buffets and pizza. All of the food was really good and the pizza was to DIE for. Pizza is a personal-type-of-thing...some like thin crust, some thick...this was perfect fire-grilled, Brooklyn style.

Only other food that I had was high tea one day, which was very nice and I had wished I had gone on the other days.

At the ports, we really only sat on the beach. This was a time to relax for us and we did not want to have to rush back to the ship---just sit and enjoy the 80 degree weather at Grand Turk and Princess Cay. The "shopping" at Grand Turk was not as great as the staff made it seem but it was very pretty and clean. Princess Cay had crystal-clear water and the BBQ was nicely done.

I only hit one show--Jim McDonald (comedian) who was not particularly funny---I wish I had caught the other comic---Sarge. We "spent" money at the casino---it was nice to see $5 tables and the slots actually paid out well.

MUTS was GREAT!

I hit the spa for "ladies night"---$99 for a facial, massage, foot rub, scalp rub, champagne, and steam room. Very nice and perfect for my last night on the ship. The fitness facilities was also very clean and had a good amount of cardio equipment. Only complaint there was the water from the fountains was a bit warm.

I found the other passengers to be a mix of old, younger, and very few big families. The crew was pleasant. No one from the crew stood out to me as providing horrible or stellar service.

Back at Fort Lauderdale, it was MUCH quicker to get off and find our luggage. Transfer back to the airport was fine. Only issue was Jet Blue had changed our return flight and we were stuck in the airport for 8 hours, as all other flights were booked. Had I realized how fast we would get off the ship, I would have looked to change the flight to another airline when Jet Blue altered their schedule. Now I know for next time!

I cannot wait for my next cruise!

Publication Date: 05/17/08