Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Joe and Lana

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Joe and Lana
Carnival Conquest
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

First Time was Awesome
Flew to Houston from Halifax, N.S. arrived two days prior to leaving and enjoyed Galveston for a couple of days. Embarkment - thanks for the reviews we knew there would be a delay, but it was no big issue, we knew what waited on the other side as soon as we were on board.

The Staff - amazing, I do believe this is what makes your vacation and the staff on the ship were amazing. I am a believer if you treat people with respect it goes a long way. We didn't encounter any staff that we were in bad moods or didn't have a smile, they are very busy sometimes as there is 3000 people on board so they will get to you just be patient.

The Conquest - is huge, always something to do on the ship, the bars are fun at night and are very active. I found the ship to be very clean and they were cleaning the pools twice at night that I seen them there and scrubbing the deck down one night was well. The food - was amazing, what surprised me was the supper time seatings, how they put so many people in two seatings and the food remains hot and good. Were where very lucky and had the 8:30pm sitting so were able to go for cocktails before supper. Our wait staff "Augusto and Daniel" were second to none, amazing team. I was very surprised with the Spa and fitness area, the steam room was great for a stress release.

Two Days at Sea - we found this to be very relaxing and laid out on the decks and enjoyed the band and the sun, the waters were very calm when were sailing

Jamaica - what a beautiful island, and had no problems at all with the people, very friendly and outgoing. My buddy and I took the Appletons Estate tour, very interesting to see how rum was made, great rum tasting and wonderful meal of Jerk Chicken, the tour of the island in the mountains was beautiful. My wife and her girlfriend went to the falls and had a great time. Just a tip, don't buy liquor here, cheaper in the Grand Cayman islands.

Grand Cayman - we booked of the ship prior to arriving with Moby Dick tours for the stingrays, half the price and they only take so many for their boat and don't over load it. This tour was amazing, the crew with Moby Dick were great and it was like a comedy show on the trip out to first snorkel on the reef and then to swim the stingrays. This is a must for everyone to swim with the stingrays and the Moby Dick staff were in the water with you and help you interact with the stingrays until you were comfortable with them, great tour and great price. As for liquor, we found the duty free shops here way cheaper than anywhere else, 12 year old Appletons Estate $12.50. After our tour we made it to Margaritaville for a couple of hours and had a blast, just remember you are paying in Cayman dollars which will cost your about 20 cents over the US dollar, so your 5.00 beer in Cayman dollars will cost you $6.00

Cozumel - wait here to buy any gifts you are looking for and if it says one price you can get it for a lot cheaper, our friends went in and looked at cowboy boots for listed at $750 dollars and walked out of store with them for $150. We tried something different and wanted to just spend time on the beach and went to an hour time share presentation at El Cid and then spend 4 hours on the beach and drank and ate for free. Funny thing is the girl who was doing the presentation wasn't to happy when my said "no" we were not interested, now give us our free drinks, she just wanted to lay on the beach, oh well, free booze and food.

Over all - for our first cruise it was awesome and amazing and thank you Carnival staff for an amazing vacation. One last thing is the Captain spoke several times to everyone letting us know where we were and what the weather was like. Last thing I would like to comment on is Wee Jimmy, the cruise director, I went to the debarkment speech by him, I haven't laughed so hard for years, you should be doing your won comedy show on TV, you are a funny man.

Publication Date: 05/14/08