Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ccurtis: Valor not as good a Conquest

Member Since 2008
1 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Valor not as good a Conquest

Sail Date: May 2008

I just returned today from my 7 day cruise. This was my second cruise ever, and my other cruise was on the Carnival Conquest in September 2003.

Embarkation was smooth. Arrived at the port and flew through the lines and was onboard in no time. My only complaint here was they had us park in parking garage C a little distance from where terminal. The good thing about this was they were providing free bus shuttle. On board had a great lunch and then got straight to our cabin at 1:30 as promised.

First day was Nassau, which was an OK destination. Not sure I would do it again, and I am sure I would not do a shore excursion through the ship here. I did the Blackbeards Deluxe and it was fun.

Second day was at sea and not much to report good or bad that day. Just nice and relaxing. Ok some bad, I have never felt the Conquest rock as much as this thing did. The rocking was constant. The cruise director said the captain but out the stabilizers ( I don't think they More did).

Third day was St. Thomas, and my wife and I did the St. John Campaign Catamaran. Here is where I started having trouble. The cruise director was on our shore excursion. He announced it the day before at the port shopping talk. HE WAS RUDE TO A PASSENGER. I know he was just trying to enjoy the day, but as long as he is near guest he is working. Here is how he was rude. The tour operator gave us some verbal instructions we all did not hear. Since he was sitting right next to the man, a female guest asked him what he said and he answered "maybe you should sit down and shut up." Now I know she had been talkative, but not that bad. BTW this is the port you want to shop in.

Fourth day was St. Maarten. Nice little island. Wife and I did a two tank SCUBA Dive. The seas were ruff and she lost her breakfast. The crew cleaned it nicely never said anything about it.

Two days at sea back to Miami with no real issues.

Disembarkation was a nightmare. They call you off by a number they give you the night before. When they called our number they quiet letting people off and we stood shoulder to shoulder in the lobby for 20 to 30 minutes not moving. If your going to call a number to disembark, make sure they can get off the ship. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>