Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by honybunyyy: Freedom to Cruise

1,278 Posts

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Freedom to Cruise

Sail Date: April 2008

First we'll start with a little background info. My husband and I have cruised only once before and on a 5 day cruise, so this was the big time for us. It was our 18th Anniversary and we were traveling from Denver, Co without children. We also flew into Orlando and drove down halfway to Port St. Lucie and spent the night. The following day we traveled another 2 hours driving to Miami. We had no problem finding our way, as we had planned this out on our laptop.

Embarkation: We arrived at the port after going over the bridge and getting our first look at the Freedom. It was an amazing sight to behold. We used the parking for our rental car. This was going to cost us $140 for the week, but we thought this was the best deal and most convenient to do for us. It was around 1:30pm and the place was packed, but it only took us about 30 minutes to move threw security and get checked in and we boarded the ship. As we arrived after 1:00 our cabin was ready for us and we were able to go More right into it.

We had a hump cabin on the 8th deck. We had heard how much better these cabins were and wanted to see for ourselves. I can't really see a difference, but it was a lovely cabin and only one other balcony could look into our balcony area. We could see everywhere. Once we were able to find our steward, which was the next day, we let him know that we wanted ice all the time. And everytime we came back to the cabin we had fresh ice, it was great. I felt sorry for the guy as we rarely left the cabin before 11:00 am. We had room service every morning as we couldn't make it to breakfast. We actually spend alot of time in our cabin so to say that it was very comfortable is saying something. I personally love the balcony and we will never cruise without one. Excursions: We did the Canopy Zip Line Tour in Ocho Rios. What can I say about this. It was wonderful! The guides were very funny and very helpful in relieving my tension. We also did the Tumlum Mayan Ruins in Cozumel. Very long day and very hot, but worth the trip. Our guide was full of information about the country and people.

Entertainment: We saw the Love and Marriage Game, The Quest, The Adult Comedy Show as well as a lot of little things like the Men's sexy leg contest, the belly flop contest and how they make those towel animals. We didn't go to the ice show or the other shows, to tired or to busy doing other things.

Food: The Windjammer is okay if you like buffet food. But as I don't like crowds much, we only went there once. We love Johnny Rockets and went there 4 times during the week. Our waiter was usually John but they were all great. Gosh, I miss those burgers. We had first seating in the main dining room and I waiter was Marlynn, she was from Jamaica, so on that day she was able to go home for awhile to see here family. I can't remember the assistant waiters name, as I never really saw him. The food was very good. We ate at Chops on our first formal night as it was our anniversary and the service was wonderful. I highly recommend this to everyone. It made our day very special.

Disembarkment: Well, no one wants to leave really, but it's that time so here's how that went. They place you in groups with the color of your new luggage tags and you sit in that place until they call your color. I hate when people don't listen or care to follow the rules. They request that if you want to carry our own luggage off the ship to leave around 6 or 6:30. If not, to place your large luggage outside your door the last night by 11:00pm. But you still see people dragging all their luggage through the line and holding it up. By the time we were called, we were 45 minutes late getting off the ship, by there schedule. Going through costumes was a breeze and we found our luggage pretty easily. Walked out and found our car and off we went. We of course drove back to Port St. Lucie and spent a lovely day there and then drove to Orlando the next day as our flight didn't leave until 5:30pm the next day. We finally made it home by midnight. For those we are waiting for you cruise on this wonderful ship, enjoy and have a great time. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>