Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by VacationLover96: Pleasantly Surprised

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Pleasantly Surprised

Sail Date: April 2008

As a Royal Caribbean regular, I was skeptical about cruising on Carnival as I have been told that RCCL is the way to go. I was especially concerned with the fact that the Triumph is an "old" ship (about 8).

Embarkation from Miami was simple and I was on board by noon. I had my room by 130P. I had my luggage by 6P.

The cabin size is GREAT. Much larger than RCCL and it really makes a difference. I had an outside cabin with a large porthole that was wonderful. King size bed. Large bathroom.

The rooms steward was invisible and kept things optimal at all times.

All of the food was very good. The crowds were not bad at all, even at the buffet areas. The reason for this being that there are many buffets to choose from. Poolside, rear pool, and all of the other choices (deli, pizza, chinese, grill). I never had to wait or look for a nice seat.

The shows were good except for a hypnotist act that was really boring and terrible. The magician was More great and his act was nicely done (good music, costumes, etc)

The dining room was good and the service was good. The London Dining Room second floor has ALL obstructed views which is very disappointing. I mean just about totally obstructed by life boats. This is rather unfair for those guest that are seated up there.

The activities were lacking. Not enough things to do and those that were offered had tired, unimaginative and unenthusiastic crew members running them. RCCL has much more to offer (poolside dancing, pool games, dancing under the stars, etc). This ship lacked in sports amenities for kids and adults. Probably due to age.

The stops were very nice. Grand Turk is really more like a private island. It is not like going to Turks/Caicos at all. Nonetheless, it was very nice.

I would cruise Carnival again without hesitation; however, i would get a new ship with more amenities especially when travelling with kids.

By the way, on the Triumph, the Camp Carnival was lacking in all aspects and for all age groups. Do not plan on it being useful. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>