Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Jillianv03

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

So Glorious!
Hello all! This was our first cruise ever, my boyfriend and mine so we really didn't know what to expect. We flew into the Orlando airport from Cleveland on the same day the ship was leaving. Since taking a taxi would be too much we opted to rent a car for the drive down to the port. The drive was very easy and nicer than probably taking the shuttle (you have to pay for the shuttle) because you can stop before you get on the ship and grab water or pop to take on the ship with you.

EMBARKATION- Embarkation was very easy. It took about 25 minutes to get on the ship but just make sure you fill out all your documentation online beforehand or it could take you longer to get on. There was a good mixture of people on board from ages newborn to probably 100 years old. We are in our early 20's and never felt out of place.

NASSAU, BAHAMAS- We didn't have too much time in Nassau (8am-2pm). We didn't do an excursion there because of the limited time. We took a taxi to the Atlantis ($4 each way) walked around a little bit and then went to the public beach that is right outside the Atlantis. We had to ask 3 different Atlantis employees how to get to the public beach because the atlantis is so huge that we thought we were lost because we just kept walking and walking.

ST. THOMAS- My favorite island! We got there 2 hours late which delayed immigration a bit but once we started moving through the line it took about 15 minutes to get off the ship. We did the Ultimate Island Experience excursion that we booked on the ship and for $53.00 per person it is truly worth it. It was a 6 hour long excursion which was nice for us because that was our first time there and weren't too sure of what else to do. They take you around the island with a narrated tour and stops for picture taking. You then get 2 hours at Magen's Bay beach (amazing beach!) for swimming and relaxing. There's more after that but you'll have to do the excursion to find out. Oh and I can't forget the free rum punch!

ST. MAARTEN- Another amazing island!We did the Catamaran Snorkeling at Shipwreck Cove and Beach excursion. Another excursion you should do! It was $89 per person, 6 hours long, and you got a free bbq lunch and free rum punch.

DAYS AT SEA- All of our days at sea were fun. They always had activities to do during the day so you were never bored. The only thing we didn't like was we had the late dinner seating at 8:15 and it seemed like they would plan all of the good trivia shows during that time so we would miss them everynight. We don't regret doing the late dinner seating though because that gave us time to get ready for dinner after the port days without rushing. Our cabin steward Alfred was very nice and I definitely loved the towel animals after dinner everynight.

There is so much more I could talk about but I know this review is already WAY too long :) All in all if you asked me "would I do it again" I would say "yes, in a heartbeat" and "I can't wait to plan the next cruise".

Publication Date: 05/09/08