Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by gwe21: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2004
Embarkation: New Orleans

What can I say other than WOW! This was our first cruise and we were shocked at the amount of FUN that we had!!

Embarkation was easy and very relaxed. It took us about an hour to get from parking the vehicle to boarding the ship. We checked in about 11 am and when we boarded our room was ready for us. We stayed in cabin 1253 Riviera Forward deck and I believe that was the best place in the ship to stay. We were close to the elevators and under the Theater, so we had a nice quiet place. Also there was less movement there. We had a 6A window room. Our steward was fantastic, the room was also made and spotless when we returned.

THE FOOD! I have never eaten so much food in my life! We had breakfast lunch and dinner about 5 times a day. There are so many different options to chose from. You have the buffets on the Lido deck, the Deli and pizzeria, the dining rooms. Also room service. Which is nice for late night snacking. There is also a midnight buffet that is great. More We had the late seating dinner, which I highly recommend. We would eat dinner, then go to the night show, then go to the midnight buffet. Also, there is soft serve ice cream machines and every time we would walk by we would grab an ice cream.

There is so much to do onboard. Each night we got a newsletter with the next days activities. Plenty of Bingo, art auctions (with free champagne), vegas style shows, magic and comedy shows.....etc. My favorite part was the guest talent show. Absolutely fantastic.

We had a fantastic Cruise Director and social hosts. Stuart and Simon were great! The funniest guys I have ever seen. You will absolutely fall in love with these guys. They really work hard to ensure that every single guests has fun!

I would recommend bringing a light sweater as the ship gets VERY cold! I about froze in the theater and dining rooms. I am not sure why it is so cold, but next time I will bring a jacket!

The ports of Call:

Jamaica-I was told to skip Jamaica, and now I know why. Nasty little country indeed! You can not even get off the ship without being hustled for money. We did the Negril Beach tour and spent the day at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. The beach was VERY nice, however, there were more hustlers there hitting everyone up for money. I would HIGHLY recommend that you do a tour, and not try to go alone to Jamaica.

Grand Cayman- The highlight of the trip for me! You can walk around town, or take a taxi to the beach for $3.00. The place is so clean and has so much to do. We went to 7 mile beach and swam in the crystal clear water all day. Then we had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. That was hard on the wallet though! There were 4 other cruise ships at the same time, so it was a little crowded, but overall my favorite place.

Cozumel- Also GREAT. We went to the Nachi Cacom Beach club, which I booked online. We had an open bar, and a mexican buffet, there was a swimming pool with a swim up bar, a jacuzzi, and the use of kayaks, snorkel eqpt and other water sports items. The water here was not as clear though, and we only kayaked. We spent a lot of time in the jacuzzi at the bar! The food was awesome.

Overall, we had a fantastic trip and would definitely cruise with Carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>