Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Daynab

Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean
Cool Cruiser posted 04-10-04 10:35 PM.  We are just back from our 7 day western cruise on the Triumph. We had an amazing time onboard and off the ship. The weather was superb the whole time. Sunny skies and no rain. The ship is in excellent condition. A few areas of wear and tear but no obvious problems. The crew were some of the friendliest and most courteous ever.

The food was at times ok and other times excellent. It depended what you ordered. The grill and the pizza and Caesar salad was great as always.

Camp Carnival was amazing. My 3 and 6 year olds loved it and so did my 8 year old niece. They had activities all day and all night. They went for a few hours in the day and evening and then stayed a few hours each night for babysitting (except one night- it was a sea day and they were there most of the afternoon and just wanted to go to sleep). The counselors were great in both age groups. We did find a lot of kids on our sailing that were not very well supervised by their parents. I think Carnival needs to rethink letting 9 year old sign themselves out of camp. Personally I think 13 is a more appropriate age.

We had, I am told 1100 kids onboard. I think this means children under 18 years. That is a lot of children. Most were well behaved and polite, but some definitely needed supervision.

We went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. This was our BEST day. This beach is beautiful and immaculately maintained. The atmosphere is truly paradise. My kids had a blast and the food and drinks are amazing. The activities are free, all you pay for are your food and drinks. The waiters will bring everything to you on the beach or you can go upstairs for lunch.

On Grand Cayman we went to the public beach area on 7 mile beach. Beautiful white sands and warm clear water. It was another perfect day. We took a cab and ended up right next to the Marriott Courtyard, so we were able to rent chairs for 10 dollars each. It was great. We then went shopping and my BIL bought a new Rolex for a great price. My husband bought me a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring for our 8th Anniversary coming up.

In Jamaica we took the Carnival excursion to Dunns River Falls and the went to Dolphin Cove. The falls are a sight to see. It was impossible for my 3 year old to do it, so my husband and I took turns climbing and getting off to stay with her. It was still a memorable day. Dolphin Cove is very pretty and my son got to touch a dolphin and see it swim and jump playfully in the water which he loved. I think it was a little expensive, but hey someone has to pay to feed the dolphins right?

Overall, this was an amazing family vacation and the Triumph is a terrific ship with a superb crew. To anyone sailing her in the near future, I hope you have as good a time as we did. Any questions feel free to ask. I'll help if I can.

Dayna