Carnival Victory Cruise Review by LeShon: Daughter's first cruise!!!

Carnival Victory 5
LeShon

Overall Member Rating

Daughter's first cruise!!!

Sail Date: April 2008

Embarkation leaves something to be desired. We had to wait for our zone to be called but once this was over, everything was a breeze. We were traveling with a large group (86 people). Once on the ship, we headed to our cabins to drop the carry-ons and then to Lido for lunch. I have cruised with Carnival before but this was my 11 yr.olds first cruise and she LOVED IT!!!!

The layout of the ship is a little confusing but you quickly adjust to the floor plan. We had cabin 7276 and our stewart was awesome!! Hardly ever saw him but everything was always clean and in place. I left him a request for an extra pillow and it was done.

Lido lunch choices could be a little better in the main buffet line. The sandwich station was AWESOME!! I believe I tried every one that they offer. The hamburgers were good also. My child enjoyed the 24hr ice cream and room service. Dinner in the Pacific Dining room was ok. Aron our waiter and Catherine are the best Victory has to offer. Some More nights, they were the only reason that we came to dinner. My child did not participate in Camp carnival because the age groups are not divided correctly. Many 11 yr olds do not want to be with 5 yr. olds. She had a wonderful time exploring the ship and in club O2 with the Wii. she also enjoyed the waterslide, and mini-golf. The highlight of the trip to me was her reaction when we first arrived at the port. This was her first time seeing these ships up close and she was amazed.

Cozumel: walked around and shopped. Not much to do if you are not buying jewelry.

Grand Cayman: Took an island tour when we tendered to the port. cheaper than the ship and besides, these people need the money more than carnival does. Went to hell, rum cake factory, and turtle farm. 7 mile beach was nice.

Jamaica: Dunns River Falls is a must do. My child made the climb and she loved it.

Sea days: Needs some improvement with games. You get tired of watching the hairy chest/back competition. Debarkation was ok. Getting our luggage was fast. I enjoyed this vaction because my child loved it!!! I will sail Carnival again. Less

Published 04/23/08

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X