Carnival Triumph 5

“Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Triumph

Nik
Member Since 2002
342 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This was a great cruise. I flew out of Toronto to Fort Lauderdale and took the transfers to the Miami port. No problems here. I was checked in and on the ship by 12:30 p.m. I travelled solo this time and booked a 1A cabin for the first time. It was okay. It was a wheelchair accessible room and very big.

The ship is beautiful and very big. It took me a few days to realize that I had to go to the 5th floor and then down 2 floors to get to various parts of the ship. This was no big deal though. The food on the ship was great as usual. For dinners, I ate in the dining room for 4 nights and in the buffet 3 nights. Pizza and burgers were very good.

Ports of Call:

San Juan: I didn't get off the ship. I wasn't interested in seeing San Juan in the evening.

St. Thomas: This port was beautiful. I took Timmy's tours for $20.00. He picked me up at the port and took me in town for 2 hours of shopping, then a tour of the island for 2 hours and then to the More beach for 2 hours. It was the best $20.00 I have ever spent. There were approximately 20 of us on the tour.

Shopping here was great! I spent too much money.

St. Maarten: I took the water taxi to the shopping district and shopped all morning. I then returned to the ship to drop off packages and had lunch. Back to Everyting's Cool for a couple of hours and finally back on ship by 4:00 p.m. It was definitely a great day.

The days at sea were very relaxing and windy.

I truly enjoyed John Heald the cruise director and Wee Jimmy his assistant. They were incredible. By far the best of the 3 that I have seen to date.

I have no complaints about this cruise. However, there were over 1,000 kids on board due to Spring Break. I wouldn't cruise again during spring break. Too many kids (I left mine home) and late night partying teens!! I'm sure they had fun, but I didn't want to be kept up all night. Less

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Helpful? Thank Nik
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?