Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Nik

Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean
This was a great cruise. I flew out of Toronto to Fort Lauderdale and took the transfers to the Miami port. No problems here. I was checked in and on the ship by 12:30 p.m. I travelled solo this time and booked a 1A cabin for the first time. It was okay. It was a wheelchair accessible room and very big.

The ship is beautiful and very big. It took me a few days to realize that I had to go to the 5th floor and then down 2 floors to get to various parts of the ship. This was no big deal though. The food on the ship was great as usual. For dinners, I ate in the dining room for 4 nights and in the buffet 3 nights. Pizza and burgers were very good.

Ports of Call:

San Juan: I didn't get off the ship. I wasn't interested in seeing San Juan in the evening.

St. Thomas: This port was beautiful. I took Timmy's tours for $20.00. He picked me up at the port and took me in town for 2 hours of shopping, then a tour of the island for 2 hours and then to the beach for 2 hours. It was the best $20.00 I have ever spent. There were approximately 20 of us on the tour.

Shopping here was great! I spent too much money.

St. Maarten: I took the water taxi to the shopping district and shopped all morning. I then returned to the ship to drop off packages and had lunch. Back to Everyting's Cool for a couple of hours and finally back on ship by 4:00 p.m. It was definitely a great day.

The days at sea were very relaxing and windy.

I truly enjoyed John Heald the cruise director and Wee Jimmy his assistant. They were incredible. By far the best of the 3 that I have seen to date.

I have no complaints about this cruise. However, there were over 1,000 kids on board due to Spring Break. I wouldn't cruise again during spring break. Too many kids (I left mine home) and late night partying teens!! I'm sure they had fun, but I didn't want to be kept up all night.

Publication Date: 07/09/04