Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by DVPKgallo

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by DVPKgallo
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: DVPKgallo
Cruise Date: April 2008
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Cabin Category: E1
Public Rooms 5+

Just OK
Please enter your review. Just got back from EOS 11April08. This is my 6th cruise 3 each on RCCL & Carnival. I love cruising with both cruise companies. We like 2 party. Getting on & off was excellent. Personally the quickest ever.

Cabin was typical, but I must say the bedding was wonderful.They upgraded the sheets etc. Cabin attendant was great. The room service was at least an hour wait, no BS. So we had 2 order early in anticipation of hunger.BTW juice is no longer free from room service.I guess they know why we we used 2 order so many cranberry and oj in the past-hummm. Dining room waiter was great, her assistant was lousy. Had 2 beg for bread, I think they should just leave the bread on the table every nite. Some meals were great like the buttermilk fried chicken,lobster,turkey - some meals were lousy, not many choices-as if menu was shorten. One nite the menu was bad almost everyone ordered steak. No one in our group of 22 was bragging at the end of the cruise about the food.Windjammer food was basic. Eating in the dining room for lunch had much better choices.Much better!Johnny Rockets wait was at least an hour.

Now I feel that the physical activities aboard these type of RCCL ships is the best in the business. We chose this ship mainly for this reason because we had six young teenagers who all parents know need 2 stay active. Plus we have some body builders guys in the group who love the gym, myself I love the steam room and sauna.Many good choices on board for active people. But the wind blew off most of the old carpeting from mini golf. Surprised 2 see RCCL didn't fix it all week.This one aspect where the ship was showing it's age.Chairs in the board game room were broken also.Carpeting in elevators was also showing age. BTW 798 kids on board this cruise and overheard psger complaints about the kids riding elevators all nite playing some type of game. Surprised 2 see no security around at nite around this areas,Especially after hearing psger file complaints.I understand kids will be kids but parents and security need 2 b more vigilant.

Excursions: Labadee is great. St.Thomas shopping is great but avoid Coki beach, the locals were rude and aggressive, we're from NYC and we wanted 2 kick one beach chair vendor up his ass for being disrespectful 2 us. Something about St.Thomas i wasn't feeling good about the locals.Watch yourself out there.Puerto Rico was great but 2 short. Casa De Campo is a joke, why is it a port stop. Nothing, nada is there.I mean nothing no lie.best bet go 2 beach and hang out.

Now one area I was upset about was the nightly entertainment.9 Day cruise and we had 2 comedians 3 shows 2 singers.I believe RCCL is getting cheap with this. The 3 shows were all dancing, it felt like you were watching the same show all the time. It could mix a little acting in there, maybe a mini Bway show theme. Comedians were good , singers were good . RCCL should book more midnite shows. Only had 2 adult comedy shows. that was it. They could have added a magician, an acrobatic type act, animal show etc. I mean one nite BINGO was the nightly entertainment- gimme a break.

Anyway the cruise was OK. Nothing 2 brag about. We definitely want 2 try adifferent cruise line 2 test the variety. Bon Voyage!

Publication Date: 04/21/08