Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by LavalBoy

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

I love CARNIVAL
Travelling from Montreal Canada, we flew in the day before to Fort Lauderdale (usually cheaper than Miami).

The new Carnival terminal is great, much better than the one they had before. We went by everything in a breeze. We were there at 11:30am, and in the ship by 12:15.

We travelled 7 adults in 3 different rooms (all on the main deck). We were in the back of the ship, which was good before less people go by that area.

Rooms were very clean ALL THE TIME, it is amazing how fast these people are. The guy that did our room was nice, but never really talked to us, so maybe less personal than what I read in some reviews.

The food, WOW... the food was so good. I cannot understand how some people say its not good. I went to the buffet/grill for lunch, and the Chic dining room for supper. You have to try the lamb... all of our table had it, and it was the BEST. Our Maitre D was.. so so, but I don't expect much from them anyway.

Our cruise director was Noordje, and she was wonderful. She was very professional, and always smiling. I loved her! The cruise might have been missing a few activities, but we were more of sun bathing kinda people.

We stopped in Cozumel first, and we all agreed that it was not the best stop we had. The beaches are not that great (very rocky) and we are not into snorkeling. We did manage to find a nice beach (San Francisco) which was ok.

Second stop in Grand Cayman, we first went to the 7 miles beach which is soooooo nice. After, we went to Turtle Farm. We paid 18$ to see and hold turtles. It was a great experience. Since we did not stay long in Grand Cayman, we could not stay there long. But we managed to take great pictures.

Last stop was Ocho Rios in Jamaica, where you have to do the Dunn's River Fall. It is a MUST, for young and old (maybe not too old). It was alot of fun. Shopping at the port after was not that great. I found it to be very tacky (in my opinion), but rum is cheap.

Go to all shows!!! They were good (especially the Beatles tribute). The dancers are amazing, and the costumes & decors were awesome!

Debarkation was a breeze. I suggest you leave your luggage outside your room the night before. That way, you will be able to enjoy breakfast, and when your number is called, you get off the ship and get your luggage in a carrousel (like the airport).

Another suggestion is, don't go to all the gathering that they have on Port of calls, debarkation, etc.. because you will find it all on your television after, so enjoy the fun & sun.

Email me for more details!

Publication Date: 04/17/08