Carnival Pride Cruise Review by itsme_jj

16+ 1.0
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Mexican Riviera Spring Break
Ship: The ship was beautiful. The decor was done in warm hues, bronze, wood tunes and gold. No Las Vegas here, except maybe in the Disco.

Artwork was everywhere, Czech glass work in the stairwells.

I loved this ship's decoration.

This ship was incredibly clean. The crew cleaned constantly and it showed.

Itinerary: I found this itinerary that starts with 2 sea days was very relaxing, i'd rather do 2 sea days up front, than on the end of the time.

Tween/Teen Club: Excellent, the club 02 and circle c exceeded my 13 year old and 17 year old's expectations. They loved the club 02 private disco.

Kids Club: Again my 9 year old niece really loved the program, and made friends instantly. She loved learning how to make the towel animals.

Food: I found the dining room to be excellent, and the food portions on Carnival are larger than on Holland. Which is also not an issue, as you can order any or all, and as many of anything on the menu.

We liked our wait staff, although at first we had mexican staff and they seemed colder than my previous experience with our asian staff from other cruises, but then again this is the Mexican Riviera. After we got used to the initial overly professional and expert silent service, we found that our staff were some of the best waiters we had. They are very serious about providing excellence and did exceed my expectations.

They provided on the spot recommendations, always had what we had asked for the first night, every night, and were extremely fast. I love fast service, because if I want to linger I'll linger, but if I want to get my food quickly and get out, thats up to me. Don't drag it out like some of the cruiselines tend to do. They forget, relaxing dining should be at my pace not yours. These guys had it right, they followed our lead.

Buffet at the Lido: While I found the Lido to be exceptionally clean, and efficient, I became bored of the breakfast offerings by day 3. I still enjoyed the lunch and dinner offerings, as well as the late night and 24 hour offerings were very very good.

Although we said we weren't going to partake of the late night pizza, I found it to be one of our favorites to get a caesar salad and fresh pizza to order. The pizza was fantastic.

Room Service: This is the same on all the Carnival ... the room service is adequately boring. I especially miss hot breakfast items. Although if you order the bagels with salmon, you have enough salmon for two on each order. The service was efficient, on time and fast, but I miss the hot breakfast items on other lines.

Entertainment:

Main Shows... average and same quality as other Carnival, Holland, Royal Caribbean. I liked most, and found a few I didn't care for, the first night comedian was a little under energized and boring, the musicals good, but the same as all the others. The legends karaoke show with guests was sooo funny.

Piano Bar... every night at 10pm this place was rocking with 20-40's somethings and Larry was great

karaoke ...excellent....big venue and a huge hit.

Disco...not for me, but packed

Dance Lounge ...Butterflys... I have to be honest, the dance band here was lame.

Pools:

I hate the fact that even though all jacuzzis are clearly marked with how old, the parents let their kids clog them up and no one else can use them. This is the same on Royal, NCL and Carnival... family cruises would be nicer if you parents would either keep your kids in the kids club supervised or supervise them yourselves! The lido deck pools were basically the kids, not adults.

Spa: Loved the spa services, hated the adults that let their kids use the spa jacuzzi under age.

In general I loved the energy and late nightness of this Carnival Ship. I like to eat early dining and go to the main show, and not have everything shut down at 10pm.

Publication Date: 04/16/08