Carnival Pride Cruise Review by MaryAnn: Mexican Riviera

Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: March 2008
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was our eighth cruise on Carnival,it has been a few years since our last one on this line.I was very disappointed in the embarkation,it was the worst I have ever experienced! I understood the ship was late into port but that does not excuse the lack of information given to the passengers waiting to embark.Once we did get onboard things were fine.We did get our luggage very quickly.

As usual the cabin steward was excellent,he took care of our every need.We did go up to the lunch buffet and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the food quality!I remember avoiding the buffet on past cruises because the food was pretty awful.

The weather was not very good on the first day out,very cool and breezy.Glad I had my sweat shirt with me.We didn't book any shore excursions,we just went into each port and explored on our own and did alittle shopping.

The shows were very professionally done and they had some very good comedians on the nights when there was More no production shows.Jerome was especially good! We dined every night in the main dining room,I have to admit being slightly disappointed with the quality of meat they served.The prime rib was the only decent beef we got the whole cruise!We did go to the specialty restaurant one night which was very nice,we had the lobster tail.The service was top notch!

The only thing I thought was missing was the way the waitstaff used to really entertain alot more with singing and dancing in the main dining room.

My overall experience on the Pride was positive!Carnival has really improved on the decor of this ship it was really tastefully decorated.

Disembarkation was very good,we informed the purser of our early flight and were given special luggage tags and an early off time.We got to the airport in plenty of time for our flight. I'm looking forward to another cruise in the near future. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>