Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Joseph R. McKeon: Spring break with kids

0 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Spring break with kids

Sail Date: March 2008

Sailed on the Victory first time, 9th Carnival Cruise and first time during Spring Break!

Ship: Good shape, and very clean! Somebody always cleaning something.

Weather: 14 ft seas the first day, 18 ft seas the second day. Not Carnival's fault but did have an injury and someone had to be Medivac'd off the ship.

Service: Cabin boy, was excellent!! Service in Dining room was good. Bar service also good.

Entertainment: The 2 Broadway shows were very good. They had a Comedian named Alan something, don't waste your time he stinks. Bad jokes about his daughter and his politics are not the place for a cruise ship entertainment. The Band in the Black and Red Lounge were very good. Alot of good dancing.

Casino: I didn't find it too smokey, and the slots were fair. I still made a donation, but had fun.

Food: All in all I'd say the food met my expectations. The steak one night wasn't very good but the rest of the meals were good to More excellent. The buffet I thought was better than average, and the burgers were good. The chinese was excellent the 2 days I had it.

Cabin: I had a Balcony on the 8th deck and it was roomy. The beds of course are the best on any cruise line and I've sailed Holland, RCL, Princess and Carnival.

Lido Deck: Chair Hogs but besides that we had a great time the last 2 sea days.

Ports: You can have San Juan. Not much to do at night, Senor Frogs was OK, but went to Maria's that people raved about and it was a dive!! St Thomas we booked a tour with Godfrey's and he was great!! Took us shopping, buy your booze in St Thomas great deals. Went to the Mt Top was interesting. Then we went to Sapphire Beach. Nice beach but was extremely windy that day. St Maarten we took a tour with Bernard's Tours. We had John who is a great guide and alot of fun, if you book Bernard's tell them to take you to LU-LUS for lunch. Best food we had on any of the islands and cheap!! Get the Ribs they are outstanding. They took us to Orient beach and the beach is beautiful. We laid on the beach chairs at Wakiki and nobody ever came to collect any money. We did see some naked sittings so if you have kids I'm not sure you want to take them there.

Those are the pros of the trip!! Here are the cons: Parents were are you?? Kids running up and down the hallways!! Kids running and playing on the stairs. Kids playing in the elevators!! 1500 kids!! I won't be going again in March or April. I did feel sorry for one little girl who threw up on me the first day on the Lido deck from being sea sick. The Security was good in the night clubs though no kids by themselves. No kids in the Casino either. There was one teenager that decided it would be funny to ride the bottom of the elevator in the Atrium up a couple floors. He was escorted off the ship in San Juan.

All in all I had a good time. If the weather was better the first 2 days it would have been a great trip, but sometimes there are ups and downs.

Would I sail Carnival again Yes, not during spring break or when the kids are out of school but anytime else.

I'd recommend this ship it was very good. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>