Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Pokyd

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Pokyd
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: Pokyd
Cruise Date: April 2004
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Enchantment of the Seas - Western Caribbean
This was a wonderful short cruise. The staff/crew on the Enchantment are the happiest of any I've ever met; they all seem to love their jobs and it shows. I asked some of them why and they said it was the captain; "Captain Per" is the favorite of the entire fleet, they say. Whatever he does, he sure has a happy crew!

The Enchantment is a beautiful ship with some wonderful inside spaces and lots and lots of glass everywhere. We booked an inside cabin in the forward section of the ship (because we needed adjoining cabins due to traveling with children and these were the only ones left in the category), which I normally would not do. You definitely feel the vibrations from the thrusters, hear a little bit of anchor noise, and feel the movement of the ship in rough seas. A couple in our group were bothered with seasickness.

The other thing I've read on the boards is that there is a funny smell in the forward section of this ship - and they are right. We were not in that area but had to pass through it to get to the stairs/elevators. It's on the port side and in the hallway it smelled to me like mold. I hope those in the cabins in that hallway did not have to put up with the smell inside their cabins.

The pool areas, especially the solarium, on this ship are very nice. The solarium roof was opened on a few days of our cruise and this quickly became my favorite hangout.

The itinerary: Key West, Cozumel, and Belize offered a nice combination of shopping ports, water sports ports, and adventure ports. You are all familiar with Key West and Cozumel but Belize is a beautiful country and quite unspoiled. I fear that in another 10 years it won't have the same charm or natural beauty since they are beginning to develop due to the tourist trade.

NEWS: Our cabin steward told us that next year, 2005, Enchantment will go out of service for awhile to be "stretched". They will be adding about 300 cabins, alternative dining options, and an ice rink to her. I was a little saddened by this, as I am a fan of the smaller "mega" ships and Enchantment is beautiful just the way she is. True, there are only three options for dining: the dining room, the Windjammer, or the Solarium for pizza and burgers, but these seemed options enough for all on board. I never heard any complaints about either the variety or the type of food available. But, that's progress...

Overall, a wonderful time was had by all and the itinerary was great.

Publication Date: 07/09/04