Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Rich

3-6 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Beautiful ship, great fitness center and unfortunately that is all I have nice to say about this cruise. The Crew members were more concerned with socializing with each other than they were with doing there jobs.

The food in the main dining facility was not good at all, but the pizza and deli were very good, but let's face it we don't pay this kind of money to go on a 7 day cruise to eat pizza and subs.

The debarkation at Key West was a joke. The biggest problem I had was with the high school kids and other underage kids, hey I am not against kids going on cruises I took my 6 year old, but all they did was ruin the cruise with their drinking and horseplay, there was actually a fight on the second night at the aft bar, unreal. I could not believe what these parents/chaperons were allowing their kids to do.

In Progresso and Cozumel there were kids no older than 14 getting slam drunk making fools of themselves, it was quite funny to see we left quite a few behind (how would you like to be the chaperons on this trip).

The debarkation back at Port Canaveral was a mess, they told us we could walk off the ship if we chose to carry our luggage ourselves but they also said the stairs would not be working so we would have to carry our luggage down two sets of stairs. We chose to have the staff pick our luggage up the night before. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU CARRY YOUR LUGGAGE OFF YOURSELF!!! They had escalators in fine working order, there were no steps to take, we could have been off the ship at 7:45am instead we waited for them to call our deck, we ended up getting off at 11:00am a total nightmare since they kick you out of your room at 8:00, but the luggage terminal was quite good they had different conveyor belts for each color luggage tag which made it easy to get your luggage.

I still managed to have a good time, this being my second cruise with my first being Disney which kind of set the bar pretty high I chose Carnival because it was much cheaper than Disney but in the end I got what I paid for I guess. I would never cruise with carnival again!!!

Publication Date: 07/28/04