Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Susan Iarussi: Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean

Susan Iarussi
0 Post

Family & Children 5.0
Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2004

I just returned twelve hours ago from one of the most wonderful vacations I have ever been on. This was my family's first cruise and I had no idea what to expect.

The Carnival Triumph was a huge ship! Our ship had 3,400 passengers on it, and 1,300 were kids!! That didn't bother me at all because we brought our two children, ages 6 and 11 with us and they had the time of their lives!

Our cabin was very large due to the fact that we were at the very front of the ship. We had an ocean view room and basically our own balcony, because no one ever came up there! It was very private and very nice to go out there whenever you wanted and look at the islands as we approached them. San Juan was excellent and not a disappointment like some reviews had warned. The Captain got us into Old San Juan at 2:45p.m instead of 5:00P.m. That was really great! St. Thomas and St. Martin were both excellent ports as well, but I really want to mention St. Martin. My absolute favorite! Maybe More because I went there on my honeymoon, but honestly it's just a very beautiful island! We went to Orient Beach and got a lot of sun there. The taxi driver almost killed us :] but the roads are so steep and narrow, I'm just not used to it.

All of the staff on board the Triumph were very friendly and courteous. John Heald the CD is the funniest man I have ever seen! He and his sidekick Wee Jimmy made this cruise so entertaining! I had heard that John Heald had left the Triumph, so was very happy to see that he had returned.

The food on the ship was excellent. The only complaint I had was that the breakfast on the Lido deck got to be very boring, and the scrambled eggs were not good.

To say that this was a restful trip would be a big lie!! My husband and both children probably got only 4 hours of sleep most nights! We just couldn't go to sleep! Camp Carnival was too much fun for them and they made lots of friends. My husband loved the Casino and could be found there quite often! The shows were amazing and I went to all but the magic show. My children told me it was awesome. This cruise was more exciting than a land vacation and the Triumph was beautiful. Please take my word on this, you will not regret booking a cruise on this ship!! Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>