Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Julie

Member Name: Julie
Cruise Date: December 2007
Cabin Category: 6A
Cabin Number: R177
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Great vacay...
Let me start from the beginning: embarkation. This was way faster and easier than I imagined. From the time we got to the pier to the time we were on the Lido deck with our cabin key in hand was about 40-45 minutes. I had heard all the horror stories on how it takes several hours.. not for me!

The ship had just been refurbished a few months back, so apart from the tacky decorations, everything looked great. The cabin was actually bigger than I expected. I don't think I would recommend anyone to have more than 3 people in their cabin, otherwise it may be a bit crowded. But for 2 people, it was perfect.

The service onboard was pretty good. Several staff members were constantly walking around with brooms making sure to keep everything looking neat.

The ports of call: First port we visited was Grand Turk. I LOVED Grand Turk, the people there were so nice, not pushing you to buy any of there stuff, and the beach is beautiful! I really had a great time here. To be honest, there's not too much to do, but that was fine with me, as all I wanted was to relax on this trip.

Second port was Half Moon Cay. Again, the beach was great and the people were nice, but everything was way too expensive. My boyfriend and I wanted to rent the beach umbrella/cabanas and they charged $19 (it was only $5 at Grand Turk). I was quite surprised, with this being Carnival's private island and all.

Last stop was Nassau, Bahamas. Great place for shopping. Although, you can get killed just trying to cross the street. I'm from Miami, and people drive a little crazy here, but this was CRAZY!! All the locals were nice though. A little pushy selling their stuff and trying to braid every girl's hair, but this is how they make their money so you can't blame them.

As for the dining on the ship, we didn't go in the dining room at all during the cruise. We had been assigned the early 5:45 seating, which was way too early for us. When I mentioned this at the purser's desk, they told me to speak with the Maitre'D and it wouldn't be a problem to change it, but we decided to not go through the trouble, and had the buffet-style dinner each night. Its not the best food I've ever had, but since I don't eat seafood, my choices were limited. My boyfriend enjoyed the fish and shrimp every night (since I don't make it at home). We tried the room service one of the nights but the menu is very limited as well. The 24-hour pizza was great. I've seen several reviews on here about the pizza not being so good, but I really enjoyed it.

I very much enjoyed the nightly shows on the ship. I would also recommend the casino and the karaoke lounge at night; give people a few drinks and a microphone, and you're bound to have a good time.

Lastly, debarkation was also a breeze. My boyfriend and I carried our own bags off the ship, and we were off the by 9AM.

In conclusion, this was a great trip. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for 5 days of relaxation and great beaches.

Publication Date: 04/02/08