Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by okccruiseforfun

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by okccruiseforfun
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: okccruiseforfun
Cruise Date: March 2008
Cabin Category: 6b
Cabin Number: m182
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        13-15 2.0

get what you pay for
Parking, Parking at the port of Miami is convenient but it is costly at $20.00 per day and they only take cash paid in full before you park.

Getting on the ship. This was a bit trying, Carnivals computers were down so the time it took to pass through was over 2 hours and none of the pre boarding info done by my wife was available so we had to do it over again.

Ships interiors.

The ship is decorated in a fun dEcor. The ship is older but has aged well, in fact even on sea days the interior of the ship never seamed crowded even thou we were 100% booked. The deck flow just seamed to give you the feeling that the ship was only half booked. That all ended when you try to get by the pool this deck is not laid out well and the pool is small. For adults there is a much less crowded aft sun deck that was quiet and was never hard to get a drink.

Staterooms

Our stateroom was a ocean view and was well appointed for the cost we paid. The TV was a flat screen and the bead was fine. The bathroom was small and the shower lip at the floor was very low so water went over the entire floor. A good thing for the ladies to know is that there is no hair drier in the room and the plug over the sink will not work with grounded plugs. The only real complaint was the raw sewer smell that came from the vent. We spoke to our stewarded about this and he tried his hardest to mask the smell, but had no luck.

Pursers desk

Don't go to the pursers desk it is a waist of time, if you ask them a question they will tell you to ask someone else.

We only went to the late night comedy show and it was a blast! The comic was hilarious

Spa The spa was friendly and not a bad deal.

Ports

Grand Cayman We used our own tour guide and went to stingray city. This was a great experience and we did not have to fight the long cruise ship tour lines one thing of note is that one 2 ships pull in to Grand Cayman on Sundays so you have the town to your self

Jamaica I have heard all the bad things about Jamaica and to my great joy none of them happened to our group. On Mondays only 1 ship pulls into this port so the people just don't push as hard.

Leaving the ship.

We were told if we carried our bags off we would get off first, this sounded like a great idea but it was a lie and I ended up caring off my bags at the same time as I would have if they would have done it for me.

A closing note,

The staff on this ship is a little rude, and I did not appreciate it at first, but as the week wore on I began to relies it is in part due to the fact that a lot of parents stop being parents on a cruise. They let there children run a muck. And by the end of the trip every time I saw a bad kid I found myself mad at there parents. And that is when I realized I would be a little rude too after a little wile.

Publication Date: 04/02/08