Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by Odette S.: Costa Mediterranea - Marche 22-29

Odette S.
0 Post

Compare Prices on Costa Mediterranea Western Caribbean Cruises

Costa Mediterranea - Marche 22-29

Sail Date: March 2008

My husband and I were a bit apprehensive to take Costa since the reviews were so-so. Either they were great or very negative!

We left home the day before in case of a snowstorm (we had a lot) and we didn't want to miss our cruise.

It was our second one, but first without the kids.

Embarkation: Really great and fast!!!!! Compared to Carnival, excellent!!

Debarkation: Really good, also.

Lots of Europeans on the cruise, but we didn't mind.

We had to change our dinner time, since they had given us the second seating. The Maitre D, said we had asked the second seating. I said that I would not be standing in line to change it if I had asked the 2nd. That is the only one who was not "really nice" on the cruise.

The Cruise Director should speak just a bit slower when he speaks English so that we can understand him a bit better. Food: Great food!!! Everything I chose, was good!! Don't really know why people complain about More the food.

I would say that the for lunch, the buffet, the variety could have been a bit better, but otherwise, I didn't go hungry at all.

The cabin was spotless. We had a cabin with balcony, which we used a lot. But, I think they should add more "furnishings" in the bathroom, like shampoo, and all the necessities, like Carnival. But since I had read that they didn't furnish them, I had brought my own. Call of Ports: We really preferred Key West and Cozumel. Were disappointed with Roatan (Honduras). It rained, but still we thought the beach and the place would be nicer, since I had read in books that it was a great place.

Grand Cayman, the sea was agitated, so we didn't accost at George Town, like we were supposed too. We took a bus/taxi to get to George Town, extra $, but it was ok. No fault to Costa. We were able to enjoy George Town anyway.

Cozumel, very nice day. Shopped in the morning and in the afternoon took a taxi to the beach. We did snorkeling and enjoyed our afternoon. We did not take an excursion. We went by ourselves and we thought it was much better.

Also, what we did, is that in the morning we made ourselves sandwiches that we brought with us to eat at the beach. Much more convenient and less expensive.

All in all, we had a great cruise and we would probably have no hesitation of taking Costa again. Less

Read more Costa Mediterranea cruise reviews >>