Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by samson11

Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: samson11
Cruise Date: March 2008
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Hooked on NCL
Flew from D.C. to Miami. Arrived around 10pm, got a cab to our hotel, La Quinta Inn Miami Airport. Hotel was decent, had free breakfast and shuttle to ship port. Would recommend for overnighter.

Embarkation: was much easier than expected. We were on the ship and eating lunch at the Venetian by noon.

Cabin:Ocean View cabin shared with my husband and 18 year old son. Had room to store everything. I let the guys have the twin beds and I opted for the pull down. Not bad actually, never had a problem sleeping entire cruise. Bathroom was surprising in a good way.

Service: EXCELLENT! Our cabin was cleaned twice daily with the turn down service at night. The service in all of the restaurants was also excellent. I have to say though that the absolute best service came from the bar tenders/servers. We made friends with several and enjoyed talking with them. (Romeo, Komong, Emerson and Edwin)!! Thanks guys!!

Food: This is a mixed bag as MOST of the meals were great, but was a little disappointed with some.

Salsas-Ate here twice it was so good. Highly recommend the Salmon, swordfish, shrimp skewer.

Impressions-Very good food with great service!

Cagney's-Not so good. My husband's fillet was great, but both my son and I were disappointed with our strips. Not bad, just not as good as we hoped.

Blue Lagoon-Loved getting my coffee here in the morning, very quiet. Also ate there several times for light fare. Very good fish and chips.

Venetian-Only ate here the first day for lunch. Was o.k.

Buffet-It is what it is...repetitive after awhile. But most food was very good.

Never ate at Aqua or the others.

Spa: I had the ladies night package with a multitude of treatments. This was worth the price of the cruise. I felt wonderful. If you have not pampered yourself like this before...it is well worth it!!

Ports: Samana-did the Cayo beach excursion. Very laid back. Good authentic Caribbean buffet.

Tortola-The BEST! We did the jeep excursion. Wonderful photo ops and a very narrative guide. We had a great time with him. He took us to the beach and we had our rum punch. On the return trip to the ship he recommended a restaurant in town so we, along with the other three people on our tour, ate there for lunch. Pusser's Inn. Great fish and chips!

St. Thomas-Our tour got canceled so we just shopped a bit. Great if you are looking for jewelry!

Great Stirrup Cay-Fun day. First time snorkeling for me and I loved it! Food was good and the drinks were better! Only complaint here is the bugs. Bring bug spray or the sunscreen with it built in. Tenders ran back and forth all day.

Entertainment:Loved most of the shows. Especially thought the adult oriented shows were a blast. We participated in some and that made the experience even better!

Crew:Everyone was great. I never experienced any rudeness anywhere. The captain walked around the ship a couple of times and talked with the quests and seemed very approachable. Pedro, the cruise director was fun.

The Ship:Crew was working daily re-varnishing the railings, painting etc. I guess if you went around looking for flaws you could probably find some, but that's not what it was all about for us.

We enjoyed this vacation so much we are currently searching for a cruise later in the year. WE WILL sail NCL again!

Also, have to give a big thumbs up to our travel agent, Andrea Joyce, from Cruises Inc. We were difficult at times and she made the whole experience easy and she genuinely seemed to care about making us happy!

Publication Date: 03/27/08