Carnival Legend Cruise Review by new2cruise

16+ 4.0
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

New2cruise
We got to Tampa Friday and went to Busch Gardens Saturday. It was close by and was a lot of fun...It got us in the frame of mind for vacation. Sunday morning we drove into the port around 11:00am. It was not hard to find as soon as we pulled up we were not sure where to go, a man greeted us in our car and explained we could go across the street and self park in the parking deck for $84 for the week or valet for $100 Either way we would drop our bags there. We opted to valet, we gave him the keys and walked in to get checked in. It was painless. At first it appears like you are going to be there a while, but you are moved from one area to the next quickly, and before you know it you are on the ship!

I was very nervous about the motion sickness, I get sick just walking around on land, so I got the RX for the patch and put it on the day before we were to leave....it made me dizzy and blurred my vision, I could NOT wear that all week!! So I took meclizine (Bonnine, Dramamine) and wore the sea-band wrist band. I was fine I never got sea sick.

We had 3 children with us ages, 6,14,16. I never saw any of them. The 6 year old never wanted to leave Camp Carnival. The 14 year old ate all the time and the 16 year went to all the shows and played trivia games.

We walked sooooo much from the front of the ship to the back. From the 9th floor to the 2nd floor. The elevators were plenty they just got full quick! We needed the exercise after all the wonderful food, so it was ok. We never went to the gym, I wanted to go to the spa I just never made time.

It took a day or so to really learn how to get around on the ship, but we got it.

We did use the infirmary. It was not an emergency, But my 6 year old had an ear infection, for $78 we saw the Dr. and got the needed antibiotic. They did give us a receipt to file with our insurance.

GRAND CAYMAN the water was so blue! We could not quit looking at it. we did the 1 hour under water atlantis. Not submerged but if you want to stay on top of the boat you could or go down below water and look at the sea life. It was cool.

COZUMEL We went to Playa Mia Beach Break. That was a nice facility. We did the deluxe that included food and drinks. It was worth it...if you like to drink. The food was ok if you like nachos, or tacos. We enjoyed it alot, but we went back to the boat to eat good food.

BELIZE We did the Mayan Site Ah Tun Tour .We toured the city on a bus. It was about 75 min bus ride and very informative. Kids got bored a little, but I liked it.

ROATAN We did not book a tour and wish we had. The island was beautiful!!! We had to get up early if we wanted to do something. We were tired and just walked around the pier. We did dock. I want to go back I would do a west end tour!

Dining was a pleasant surprise! We expected quantity and not so much quality, but we got both!! It was good we ate in the dinning room every night. We did not get a fountain card. We drank tea and juice. We did carry on bottled water and little miller lite. Just to have in the room.

ENTERTAINMENT was almost over whelming. I felt like I could not do it all. I had to fore go somethings to do others, and the child care did close for a couple of hours during the day at lunch then again at dinner, so I did have to keep signing my son in and out.

Disembarkation was a breeze. We got up early and carried our luggage off went straight to valet parking and car was right to us.

Great trip and will go again.

Best surprise.... was the food.

Biggest disappointment....Pool and slide

Value for the money?....I am still trying to figure out just how much this trip cost me. All said and done.It was alot but we had alot of fun!!

Publication Date: 03/24/08