Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by pridemnx

Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: pridemnx
Cruise Date: March 2008
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Trip of a Life Time!
Nine friends, my husband and I (40+ years old) went on the Liberty of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean Cruise, from Mar 1 to 8, 2008. It was my husband and I's third cruise. First with Royal Caribbean. We loved it so much. The previous review by Host Dan was great. We probably were on the same cruise as Host Dan so I did not want to repeat. I would like to add the following comments.

1) Despite embarkation took us one hour, it was not too bad. There were lines at the entrance. After check in, we had to line up again to go through security. After that, we were all happy to enjoy our lunch at Windjammer.

2) Our balcony room was prefect for us. I especially like the way they position the mirrors. I can see the back of my entire outfit from the reflections. The washroom was nice but small. We had no problem with the shower. There, however, were passengers who found the shower too small and needed to use the bigger showers in the gym area.

3) My husband tried the Rock Climbing Wall. It was fun. The lines were not long when he tried. Participants must wear socks.

4) I tried Micro-dermabrasion facial, comes with Hydra-Lift facial, at the spa. It was good but a bit expensive ($169.00 + tips). It was worth it for me because when I got home, everyone said that my skin looked better. Be prepared that the lady would try to sell you something after the treatment. I did buy something from her and have not gotten a chance to try it yet.

5) Two friends, my husband and I tried the Portfolio Restaurant. (Chops Grill was fully booked for the entire week on the morning of our second day.) The presentation, service, food were incredible. We told our waiter that we did not want to miss our shows and they tried very had to make sure our food arrived quickly. It was very nice of her.

6) We ate all our lunches and the rest of our dinners at the dinning room. The cooked to order pastas, at lunch, was delicious. Soups and salads were always wonderful. Host Dan was right about the girl that took custom omelette orders. She was nice. He was also right about the fish. I tried a couple times and the fishes were tasteless. Other than that, we like the dinners at the dinning room. One time, we tried a few pieces of sushi from the Jade. It was well made. I wish I had a chance to try more.

7) I bought 150 minutes of online service. I had my laptop with me. It was convenient. I could use the online service in my room and in public areas. I could also log in at the internet cafe where I checked in my return flight and printed my boarding pass.

8) There was roaming service for cell phones. Roaming rate was set by cell phone service provider (not Royal Caribbean). Unfortunately, my phone company could not tell me the rate. I did not dare use it.

9) We loved the idea of the Promenade Deck. It was a fantastic place for us to hang out and to enjoy the parades, street dances and snacks.

10) We enjoyed walking on the track on Deck 4. We went to the helicopter pad and the bow of the ship. The walk was very quite and relaxing.

11) Our cruise director, James Andrews, was amazing. He was full of energy and he really knew how to entertain.

12) At San Juan, we joined a $10.00 per person, 1.5 hours, city tour at the pier, it was the best money spent. At Labadee, a friend and my husband joined the RCCL kayaking tour. It was not bad. My other friend tried the Dragons flight line, she said it was great. I thought it was too expensive and did not go with her.

13) I made little magnets out of Inkjet compatible magnet sheets. I decorated my stateroom door with them. Since my stateroom was near the elevator and everyone who walked by loved my door decoration. Someone even took a few without asking. I did not mind. Lucky I did not put them all out at once. I just kept putting new ones on. Eventually, I gave some away to the fellow passengers who showed interests. It was fun.

14) We went with a large group. Everyday was a picture perfect day. We had so much fun and we felt that we did not have enough time. We watched all the shows. We also enjoyed: walking around the ship, swimming, dancing, art seminar, volleyball, table tennis, gym..... too many to mention. Certain activities even gave out vitality tokens which could be used to exchange t-shirt or backpack at the end of the cruise. Definitely "Trip of a Life Time".

Publication Date: 03/19/08