Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by denisern2

Costa Mediterranea
Member Name: denisern2
Cruise Date: March 2008
Cabin Category: 9
See More About: Costa Mediterranea Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Mediterranea Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Mediterranea Deck Plans
Loved cruising Itailian style
Back from a 7 day voyage on the Costa med all I can say is what a value for your vacation dollar. I have been on many lines and I kid you not I really enjoyed cruising Italian style.

Embarkation: Arrived at 2:00pm in my cabin by 2:15 need I say more A+

Cabin I had a cat 9 balcony and it was bigger the most lines standard cabin. Loved the couch and the balcony was huge. Cabin gets an A, however bathroom amenities are not even there. Please bring your own soap and shampoo ect. In this case Costa gets a F. Entertainment not to bad but not RCCL or Princess. More on line with Celebrity will give it a C.

Food most was very good some was good overall a B- Buffet gets a C- however the pizza and Pasta station gets and an A.

Ports were the usual I will not even assign a grade we had all been to these ports numerous times and we enjoyed them. We had to miss Key West as we had a passenger go overboard.

Debarkation was the worst I have never in 17 cruises never have I seen such a cluster mess. I will not even elaborate except to say bring your patience and be prepared for rudeness like you can't even imagine. F-

Overall a great cruise we had about 40% passengers from Europe and 60% canadians and Americans with canadians being the majority. Many kids as it was Canadas spring break the kids club did a good job with keeping them busy.

I would do Costa in the Caribbean again for a seven day cruise. I would never try them in Europe. I feel that if the Price was the same I would choose Princess or Celebrity over Costa. But would choose Costa over RCCL or Carnival.

Publication Date: 03/17/08
More Costa Mediterranea Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Costa Mediterranea review Read the next Costa Mediterranea review

Cruise Critic's Costa Mediterranea Review