Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by fidel&george

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by fidel&george
Carnival Destiny
Carnival Destiny
Member Name: fidel&george
Email: garciafa@optonline.net
Cruise Date: February 2008
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 4c
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

MOM & SON Get Away
Our Carnival Destiny Cruise in February 2008 was great. We definitely got a good value for the price, so I feel hesitant to provide some of the feedback since I attribute my experience to what the trip costs.

For a cruise that was less than $90 per person per day for an inside cabin; The shows were entertaining, the accommodations comfortable, and the food fulfilling. If this cruise would have been the average going rate, then I would have considered the shows dated, the accommodations a bit worn, and the food average in both presentation and selection.

I found the activities schedule to be a bit light and very heavy into the late evening. Their were very limited activities while ship was in port. If you are seeking a R&R vacation, then this floating hotel would be just right for you as it empties out at every port. You would have choice of lounge chairs.

I do find Carnival cabins to be larger than other cruise lines. Staff is just as friendly, but somewhat more reserved. My favorite experience was my first cruise were my room attendant and waiter both asked what we were doing the next day at port, offered recommendations, and seemed interested in what we did that day and our feedback.

I think this may be my last Carnival cruise. After 2, I just find RCCL to be more in line with my age and interests.

Publication Date: 03/14/08