Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Sue12: Great week at sea!!!!!

Sue12
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Great week at sea!!!!!

Sail Date: March 2008
Embarkation: Galveston

Embarkation--We left Lafayette at 7:00am and arrived at the boat around 11. We never saw any lines...the whole process took about 20 minutes and we were on the boat having a fruity cocktail...they really get you here because there are waiters EVERYWHERE!!! If your glass is half empty they bring you another and they are not free. We were allowed in the rooms at 2 and our bags did not arrive until 7...that was a really long wait.

Room 8452--Fabulous! I would recommend this room, it has a extended balcony off the back of the ship. We had 3 chairs and a small table on the balcony and it was perfect for a game of cards late night after the clubs.

Food--8:30 seating in the Renoir dining room...food was good but not excellent, my husband is a country boy and it was hard for him but I like anything and I thought it was good. Room service was my favorite, cold foods only but everything was good, pastries and coffee at night was a good thing. Buffet was not so good, the More grill outside has burgers, hotdogs and fries and that was really good but it closes at 6.

Clubs and Lounges--Henri's was our great, they played hip hop and dance music until 3-4am. Alfred's was also fun, more of a laid back bar/lounge, a great place to have a glass of wine and listen to the music being played on the piano.

Days at sea--LONG...after 3 days at sea we were ready to see land. We laid out and drank alot of fruity drinks and the guys had buckets of beer, which were 16.00 for 4 beers...YIKES. We attended the newly wed not so newly wed game and it was great. We spent some time in the casino but we did not win. Jamaica--I LOVE JAMAICA!!! The girls went to sunset beach resort and it was fabulous. The beach is beautiful, the pool and water park were great and the food was really good. $40 for all the drinks, food, towels, chairs and umbrellas, $2 cab ride which was very interesting LOL. The guys in our group went on the ATV tour and they had a blast, they came back COVERED in mud, it was nasty but they had a great time. It was pricey, $101 for the excursion and that did not include any drinks or meals. My husband spent another $70 on drinks and food, but it was worth it, we had our girls day and they had there guys day :)

Grand Cayman--Beautiful, even though we did not get off the boat. We slept late and laid out by the pool. 3 guys out of our group rented mopeds and toured the island and stopped at beaches along the way, they had a really good time.

Cozumel--OH Cozumel what a wonderful Island!!! We booked the deluxe catamaran and snorkel tour, OH MY it should be called the deluxe booze crooz, they took us snorkeling, it was really rough so it was hard to snorkel so we get back on the catamaran and they opened the bar and I don't remember much from there LOL. They took us to a private beach and we rented Jet Skis but we only had 1 hour at the beach so it went by really fast. We made our way back to the pier and we decided to go to Carlos and Charlies...I would recommend this to anyone under the age of 40...IT WAS WILD people are dancing and acting crazy, shot girls are slamming tequila down your throat and it was great!!!! We stayed there until the boat was about to leave and we had to do the "walk of shame" back to the boat. We were in bed at 7...we missed dinner and then the seas started to get rough, we had 16ft swells and 60 mph winds...the boat was rocking!!!!! Last day at sea--:( We went to the pictures gallery and I would recommend bringing about $50 for pictures, they take pictures of you every night at dinner and at all the ports and they were all really good. We went to the gift shops and took it easy the rest of the day. We tried to play mini golf but it was so windy we did not make it past the 3rd hole. We went to dinner and had a few drinks and they guys smoked there cuban cigars they had bought in Jamaica and then we packed.

Disembarkation--Get ready to wait..we did self assist which I recommend because you are the first ones off the ship, and it still took us 2 hours. It is very organized but going through customs really sucked!!!

Overall--It was a great vacation and you are probably thinking we are raging alcoholics but we really aren't. We went on the cruise to have a good time and we did. The service is excellent and the boat is beautiful. Make sure to read your capers every day because they have some really fun stuff to do and they give you alot of info about the days coming up. If you have any questions please feel free to email me sueregpatin@yahoo.com and I also have lots of pictures to share. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>