Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by gloria_mz: Nice Cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Nice Cruise

Sail Date: March 2008
Embarkation: New Orleans

Well, this was our first cruise with Norwegian. We arrived at the Terminal about 12:30 pm. Embarkation was a breeze! The Staff on this Cruise were very, very nice. Our inside room was nice and the shower was suprisingly huge with a sliding door. Always had ice in our ice chest and lots of room for storage. My daughter loved the towel animals we received every night!!We had a very nice cruise except for one night and part of the following day. The seas were very rough (14 ft. waves) and a lot of people got sea sick. We stayed in our room pretty much all day unitl around 2:00 pm. I would have to say that the only down side of our cruise was the variety of food available. We found that they served basically the same thing almost every night at Raffles. We checked the menu's nightly for Windows and The Garden and found that they were almost identical. They did not offer chicken or steak at any of the nights we were there? The burgers and hot dogs are made of minced meat (not sure what More this is) but they tasted weird!! We did not try any of the pay restaurants (husband refused to pay), but if we would have I'm sure they would have been great!! The OJ was good, waffles and Omlet station was awesome!! In my opinion they could have a little more activities to do onboard as well. Most of the week there was basically nothing going on besides music or bingo to me during the day? I do have to say that the KIDS CREW CLUB was AWESOME!!! My daughter is a very shy person and she LOVED THIS!! She went everyday (twice a day) to this. They had so much fun and she was sad on her last day. The Staff there were Great!! The Fitness center was very nice as well.

Roatan: We got in late at 4:00 pm and were able to stay until 8:00 om. We did the zipline tour through Islandtours.com which was great!! No problems with the tour and back in plenty of time to the port.

Guatemamla: For those of you who have never been to Guatemala....the Terminal is about a 5 min. walk to the right once you get off the boat. We did the Waterfalls & Cuty Toiur with Turix Activo Tours that are inside the Terminal to the right (by Happy Fish). This was a very nice tour!. We were back at the port with plenty of time for shopping!

Belize: We did the Independent tour with www.cave-tubing.com (Yhonny). We tendered in from the ship and that made us over an Hour late for our tour! It turned out OK because Yhonny was still there waiting for us. We did the ATV & City Tour. Our tour guide (Orlando) was very nice and knowledgeable about his country. We brought school supplies and stopped at a local school to give. our daughter now appreciated very much what we have in the states. We got back to port and did some shopping and then tendered back to the ship.

Cozumel: We ended up having to tender in at this port due to there being 4 ships in port. We were not in a ny hurry so it was ok. We rented a car and headed for the beach all day. We headed back about 4 pm tendered back to the ship!

All in all I have to say that this Cruise was good. We usually sail with Carnival and mainly booked this cruise becuase of its Itinerary. Would we sail again with Norwegian? Maybe, but I really think that they need to work on their menus a bit and add more activities to make sailing days fun for everyone!! Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>