Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Marty30907: Our Eastern Caribbean Triumph Cruise

Marty30907
Member Since 2005
1,037 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Our Eastern Caribbean Triumph Cruise

Sail Date: March 2008

Traveling Day We left Augusta, GA at 6 am on Feb 29 arriving at the Courtyard by Marriott at the Airport at 6:30 pm. Got checked in and went to a Cuban restaurant for dinner.

Embarkation Day Our Personal Vacation Planner from Carnival came to our hotel at about 11:30 am to finally meet us face to face. She has been booking our cruises since 2002 and this was the first time we had the opportunity to meet. She talked with us until we boarded the shuttle. The shuttle picked us up at about 12:30 pm and we were at the port by 1 pm. After entering the terminal, we were assigned a zone and waited. After about an hour, we were finally boarding the ship. We went to our cabin, 1026 on the Panorama deck, and dropped off our carry on luggage. My DW's flowers were already in the cabin along with our cognac that I had order. Off for lunch on the Lido deck and our first (of many) Foo-Foo drinks.

Cabin We booked a guaranteed balcony and were upgrade to an 8E cabin. Our cabin was More directly under Camp Carnival and we never heard any noise from them. We meet our Cabin Steward, Jose and Jarur. I would have to say that after 6 cruises, they were the best. They always met us with a warm smile and always took time to chit chat with us. The cabin was very nice and always very clean.

Ship We knew that the Triumph is 9 years old and were not expecting it to look like the Freedom which is brand new. The ship was clean and the crew was always working on it. It is a very pleasant ship. It took us a couple of days to full figure the layout of the ship, but after that, we were full steam ahead! Since we were sailing in the Atlantic Ocean, the waves were out in force and the ship was rocking. The Captain deployed the stabilizers and the ship rode very well.

Ports Half Moon Cay - The tendering process was very slow and since we were there just last year, we decided to stay on the ship. This is a very exotic place, you will love it! St Thomas - This was our first, but not last, visit to this inland. It is very beautiful. We eat a late breakfast and cleared customs. We did some shopping, with 12 grandchildren we had a lot of shopping to do! We eat lunch at the Green House. The food was good and I tried a local beer. It was called Blackbeard Ale. It was great and I had a buzz going after just 2! San Juan, Puerto Rico - this was also our first, but not last, visit to this inland. We met a taxi driver that offered a tour of the inland for $10.00 per person. The tour was great and I would highly recommend it. We did some more shopping and eat lunch on shore. Nassau, Bahamas - this was our fourth time here. I brought my DW a blue diamond and while we were waiting for it to be mounted, we eat lunch on shore again.

Sea Days We just relaxed, got up late and did some of the activities on the ship. We went to trivial, name that tune, The Newly Wed and Not So New Wed Game, and the Liar's Club. The Newly Wed and Not So New Wed Game, and the Liar's Club was a side splitter, do not miss these!

Shows Brad Calabrese was the Cruise Director and he is very good and funny. He found out that we were from Georgia on the second day and the rest of the cruise he called my DW "Miss Peaches." A member of his staff, Gary was a side splitter. We attended both production shows and they were great. On the last night, my DW was in the Carnival Legends show as Aretha Franklin.

Dinning This is very subjective and I can only give you our opinion. We were assigned the 6:15 in the London dining room. Breakfast - we eat twice in the Paris dining room which was very cold, the rest of the time we had breakfast on the Lido deck. Lunch - eat most of the time on the Lido deck except on port days, we eat the local food. Dinner - we eat 5 times in the dining room and twice in the South Ocean Restaurant. The food on the Lido deck was comparable to Golden Corral or Ryans. The food in the dining room was very good! The lobster and shrimp on the Captain's night was great! The Hong Cong Noodle Factory was very good and the sandwich place was great!

Bad The only thing bad about the ship was the above mention tender problems at HMC. There was a lot of Spring Breakers on the ship so the chair hogs were out in force on the sea days. The kids were unsupervised and running amuck. Most of the passengers were very rude and did not know how to say "excuse me." I did see security escorting someone off the ship, with their luggage, at each port. I do not know what they did wrong for the Captain to order them off the ship.

Conclusion I would have to say, this is one of the best ships that my DW and I have sailed to date which is saying a lot since this was our sixth ship in the Carnival fleet. The crew was very helpful each and every day and seemed to like what they were doing. We would sail this ship again. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>