Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Michael

Member Name: Michael
Cruise Date: February 2008
Cabin Category: 6A
Cabin Number: R161
See More About: Carnival Fascination Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Not What I Expected
This was me second cruise. The first one was on the Majesty of the sea. Upon entering the ship my first thought was this ship looks cheap. On the Majesty, even though it is an older ship than the Fascination, everything looked well cared for. The crew was always cleaning this and polishing that. On the Fascination I did not see this. The floors on the lido deck looked faded and worn in general the whole ship reminded me of a motel 6. The one thing that was nice was the cabin.

The food was terrible. Everything was fried in grease on a flat grill instead of being flamed grilled where the food is not cooking in grease. The quality of the meats and all the food in general was way below par. I would compare it to one of those free buffets in Las Vegas at a cheap hotel. The only entertainment that I enjoyed was the guy playing outside of the casino. The rest of the entertainment was terrible.

I have never been asked to take my picture so much. Every time you turn the corner there is one of their photographers wanting to take your picture. This ship is constantly trying to nickel and dime you to death. I never bought on picture from them.

Key West was great. I enjoyed walking through the downtown area and we had our best meal of the cruise there.

Playa Del Carmen was nice. We enjoyed walking around the downtown area. However, I must worn you that the taxi ride to and from Playa Del Carmen was a disaster. First the long line up to get a cab. Then the ride in the cab. The driver we had was driving like a mad man. We thought we were going to get into an accident.

Getting off the ship was fast because we couldn't wait to get off the ship, so we carried our own bags and got into the lineup at 6:45 am. This enabled us to be right at the front of the line. Soon as they docked and allowed the line to move we were gone.

I don't recommend taking this cruise. The ship is old and looks worn except for the cabins that were nice. The food is just barely edible and the overall cruise experiment is terrible. If you are looking for an upscale cruise with great food this is not the ship you want to take. If you are looking for a Motel 6 type cruise than this cruise may be for you. My next cruise will be with Royal Caribbean on a newer ship. Hopefully, a newer modern ship will offer the cruise experience that I am looking for.

Publication Date: 03/09/08