Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by fllady9161: Valentines day cruise

Valentines day cruise

Sail Date: February 2008
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We drove to Port. Nice cold crisp morning. Everyone was wearing jackets of some sort.

Embarkment was a breeze. I had filled out all the paperwork on line, and still printed and carried the papers with me. They were not needed. All I needed was our passports, photo ID, and my credit card. OH by the way, we arrived at the port about 10:45 and was on board by 11:15am. We headed to the lido deck to the buffet where we enjoyed a lovely lunch.

After eating, we walked around the ship a little bit and into the casino to check for new machines that they may have installed. Found a few new ones, not many, but a few.

We were in our cabin by 1:20 pm. We stayed in there a few minutes, then headed back up to the PR deck to check things out. Time sure did fly till it was time for Muster drill. After Muster, I went out on deck and watched us leave port while my Husband took life vest back to cabin. Then he joined me. We talked to some people while sailing out of port. More After we were at sea, we went back to our cabin and started preparing for dinner.

Our DD was in club 02 where she was meeting some of the some 130 kids her age there. We could not find her for dinner. So we headed on and then she ended up meeting us there. At dinner, they gave all the ladies a red carnation. that was so cool. I had a souvenir glass, so I put water in it and snipped the ends off the flowers, and we had fresh flowers in our cabin all weekend.

The casino was open about 7 pm, so my DH and I headed there. I signed us up for the Ocean Players Club. I did pretty well that night. Was 1 real away from winning a bmw. that would have been nice but i think i would have taken the cash instead. but I ended up with about 100 on my card that night. (started with 20)

Friday, we were in Nassau. It was soooo crowded.... 5 ships in port. We did not do much there. Just went to a few shops we wanted to go to, then headed back to the ship. I did run into Sean from Carnival Glory there. Was surprised to see him.

The casino reopened at 7 pm. We went there after dinner. In which this night was formal night. I did pretty well. ended up with almost 200 on my card that night. We went to the 80's review show. That was awesome. WE normally don't do the shows because we don't care for them, but this one was great.

We stayed up till about 2 am.

Saturday, we spent most of the day in the casino. I ended up winning enough to pay off my sail and sign card that night. Which was just under 300$. not too shabby if I do say so myself. we quit then, and retired for the night.

Sunday. Wow today came too soon. we were out of our cabin by 8 am as told, and went to eat breakfast. None of us wanted to get off the ship.

We waited in club 02 after breakfast for our number to be called. We were off the ship, and through customs in less than 20 min when our number finally was called.

Traffic was not that bad considering most of the people that were getting off the ship were getting on busses.

My complaint with this ship, is there are not enough restrooms on the PR deck. One set that we found by the aft elevators. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>