Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by loviecld

Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: loviecld
Cruise Date: February 2008
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: A2
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Once in a lifetime
This cruise was a christmas gift from my husband. I am in my late 30's and he is early 40's. This was our second cruise. First was on the Carnival Legend. We traveled without our 3 kids. First getting to the ship was easy, about 25 minutes from Staten Island. Before we knew it we were on the ship- so easy. We arrived at 11:00 and waited in line for only 10 minutes. Through the hall we went took our embarkment picture and we were off. I have to say the ship was absolutely beautiful. From the minute we walked on the ship all of the crew had a smile and said hello. Carnival crew did not. We went straight to our A2 cabin on deck 11 to put down our stuff. The room was great for the 2 of us- seemed alittle roomier then Carnival but Carnival has moore dresser space. Cunard only had a desk attached to the TV/Frig stand. Room was very clean and was kept that way all trip. I have to say that the whole ship was very clean. We went to lunch in the buffet and enjoyed everything we had. As I read in the other reviews I agree that this area needs help. There were too many stations with all the same food. After the first lunch the rest went downhill. Breakfast was good. But after that I was very disappointed. They had the same choices all day everyday, with a few exceptions. Loved the pasta station but that was it. We has gone for a late night snack and found hard hamburgers & soft Hot dogs. I expected more. The Carnival buffet was out of this world. We dined in the Britannia after the first night which we both loved. Our waiters were very nice. We did some gambling- did pretty good. The shows just wasn't for us. Seemed a bit for the older crowd. There was a lack of things to do for us again I think most was for the older crowd. We did enjoy The Golden Lions Club- sat for trivia & karaoke. I have to say that the bartender did not know how to make my drink ( which is very popular) but I drank it anyway. This was a relaxing cruise for my DH & I but I don't think I would do this again. We got a great deal for this ship & probably would have been very upset if we didn't.

Publication Date: 02/26/08