Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Bahamamomma

Carnival Victory
Carnival Victory
Member Name: Bahamamomma
Cruise Date: February 2008
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

A Trip to Remember.......
Arrived in Ft Lauderdale on the 9th and stayed at the Miami Airport/Doral Marriott. Not a problem getting to the ship and boarding on the 10th, the only wait was due to my traveling companions (a last minute change in rooms, etc). Once we got on the ship and were comfortably seated on the Lido deck the party had begun!! The food was good in all areas, my only complaint - I found the Mississippi BBQ - but they never had BBQ!? The entertainment was very good, I do wish they had had the Carnival Singers and Dancers perform more than once - that show was really great!. The decor of the ship was different but not as bad as some reviews that I had read. I just didn't understand the nautical theme and then you were staring at Asian Lions, green shamrocks, etc. Oh well, it made for some interesting conversation. And, Malcolm, Whooo Hooo !!! What a guy, again nothing like the reviews that I had previously read. He was great! Crew Members that stood out were: Igor, Sakchai, Sirakit, Gustavo, Irinia, Delia, Mikey, David and William. They were all awesome and made the trip very enjoyable.

Now, for the bad part - I did not/do not like the chair HOGS!!! You know the ones who hop out on deck at 5:30 a.m. and put down a towel and never return all day - yes, I saw that happen!! and missing a shore excursion and being told I should have been on time - I was- about 45 min early but the lack of signage as to where to meet for the excursion, I'm still waiting on a letter from the excursion desk as to whether or not I'll get a refund. I know I'll have to call Guest Relations to solve the problem. But overall, a great time was had and if you saw the "crazy ladies" in green t-shirts you saw me and I was having a great time.

Publication Date: 02/26/08