Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Mary Kay Reis

Cruise Date: February 2008
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Rates 5+

It was just O.K.
We traveled with a large group from The Villages, Florida. We could not have been happier with the travel agents. We had a luxury bus to the pier in Port Canaveral and got through embarkation procedure without incident. Room was ready on arrival. The Room was kept very neat and tidy the entire trip by our room steward. The ship was just Okay in my estimation. We had a balcony room which was not very clean. Noted cigarette ash on the chairs and balcony decking so we sat out here on a very limited basis. We had to ask to have the refrigerator door unlocked in the room. One night we were awakened by what we thought were whales mating (hearing a weird whoooo all night!!) Found out in the a.m. it was an improperly closed balcony door!! We ate dinner in the Golden Dining Room the entire week. The first night we had a table for two that was in the middle of the room where everyone walked between larger group tables. Therefore, everyone's butts rubbed over our table dragging our tablecloth with them...our cruise agent also on this cruise saw how p.o.'d my husband was and quickly seated us with 3 other couples. No one sat at our 2 person table the rest of the week. Navigating through that dining room was like a mouse going through a maze for a piece of cheese!! This was also the first time I noticed a cruise line offering a Cheeseburger and fries as an alternative on the menu!! The night we had Filet Mignon there were several people who ordered the burger!! I felt the ship was cut up and there never seemed to be a direct route unless you were going past the casino. I was not overly impressed with this cruise line and I don't think I will do it again. Let's just say, "It was just OK"

Publication Date: 02/22/08