Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by jake0323

Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: jake0323
Cruise Date: February 2008
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: a1
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Disappointed in Cunard
My wife and I booked the 4 day President's Weekend Cruise on Cunard because I heard that the QM2 was the best ship in the world. Any while in some areas I would agree there were far more areas for improvement.

Let me start with the positives, Todd English, was amazing, had i known how good it was i would have booked all 4 nights!!! Our server Paul was friendly, and wonderful. He was the only person on the entire ship that I would say seemed friendly. We booked an A1 cabin so we dined in the Britannia, it was extremely disappointing. The food was average at best and the service, well lets just say i have received better service at IHOP. The waiter just dropped the food and ran, one night i had to wait over 10 minutes for a drink and they never checked to see how the food was, it was drop and run....very sad for a ship that is suppose to be top of the line.

Afternoon tea was nice, the tea was great, scones lovely and finger sandwiches were enjoyable but the Queens Room could not handle the number of people and sometimes you waited for 15 minutes for a table. Had i worked there i would have walked around to the people standing and apologized for the wait, but that would have taken time and none of the servers, waiters or restaurant staff seemed to care about the guests.

I was told that everyone speaks English and that is questionable. I sat with someone who asked their server for a drink 3 times before writing down the request, it was scotch on the rocks, not a difficult drink. Cunard talks about White Star service but I am sad to say that i never experienced anything close to it. I sailed on Celebrity last year and they were far superior in service and quality of food, with the exception of Todd English.

Another positive was spa, the massage was great and the aqua spa was relaxing. The ship as a whole was beautiful, the library was huge, pools/hot tubs clean and nice and public area's extremely clean. We will probably book the Independence Day voyage because the 4th of July in Boston would be nice and I belive everyone deserves a 2nd chance. I will be sending a letter to cunard because i am curious as to what they will say about my complaints...if their corporate office is like the wait staff, i doubt i will get a response.

Publication Date: 02/20/08