Pride of America Cruise Review by sclancy

Embarkation: Honolulu
Destination: Hawaii
Public Rooms 5+

Even Dad Loved It!
I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews but since this is where my 84 year old Dad wanted to go, we forged ahead. Embarkation was a breeze, no lines, no waiting. Once onboard we sat in the salon until our deck's cabins were called (20 minutes). We went up to the cabin and then to the buffet. My Dad had a cabin with balcony and everything there was clean and ready for occupancy. I had a inside cabin with possibly the worst room steward. Our refrigerator had nothing in it, It took 4 calls to get to the appropriate person to stock it. He came at 8 am the next morning. Our steward never cleaned the coffee pot, never brought our luggage tags, never made towel animals, didn't restock the soap dispenser in the shower, we didn't even know his name. The ship is beautiful, there is plenty of room for everyone. I was disappointed in the pools, they are VERY small and usually full of kids. We only ate in the Italian specialty restaurant because we couldn't get reservations for the other 2 we wanted to go to (Lazy J's and french one). The service in the restaurants and bars was warm and courteous, the American staff worked hard. The stops on this cruise are what make it so memorable. We did not do any of the package deals, I rented a car from Thrifty in each port and we explored on our own. I highly recommend becoming a member of Thrifty's Blue Chip Club. The other passengers would wait in long lines, I only had to go to the Blue Chip counter and pick up my keys and leave. Disembarkation was a breeze. Overall, we had a great time and would recommend this cruise to those who want to see Hawaii.

Publication Date: 02/20/08