Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by vanman: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) - Western Caribbean

vanman
Member Since 2002

Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Western Caribbean Cruises

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: March 2004

Queen Mary 2 - Panama and Caribbean 16 -26 March 2004

Embarkation and disembarkation were performed well.

We had stateroom 5134, 5th deck, located on the portside and between stairwell/elevators C and B. Location was good as elevator B took us to amidships and elevator C directly to the dining area. Our stateroom was small but comfortable. The veranda was not to our liking had a high solid front that obstructed the view unless you stood up. Our room Stewardess was very good.

Itinerary from Ft. Lauderdale included Panama Canal city of Chrisobal; Cacuaco; St. Maarten; and St. Thomas.

We found the public rooms to be wonderful and often uncrowded. The main dinning room, Britannia was often too crowded, not noisy. Service within the dinning room was often not well orchestrated, especially during the evening meal. All meals, including room service, were excellent and the food was ample and well prepared.

The ship's library was wonderful with More a fine bookstore.

Entertainment: The Planetarium was excellent. Theater shows were, in our opinion, just average. Many lounges had piano players; some good others just average. Favorite Lounge: The Commodore Club, 9th deck forward, with view of bow. Inter-active TV within the stateroom was excellent.

During several days of rough seas, the ship was moving at 29 knots and it was not at all noticeable for passenger comfort. Truly, an ocean liner, designed for the worse of sea conditions.

Summary: All in all I enjoyed the cruise. I went to experience the Queen Mary 2 and be part of its heritage. I don't believe I'd sail on her again, as I prefer a smaller ship. I rate it 4 stars of 5 stars. Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>