Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Dorene1

Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: Dorene1
Email: dmorgillo@yahoo.com
Cruise Date: January 2008
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Cabin Category: PR
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Everyone needs to Explore the Explorer.
I would like to say, I have been on over 30 cruises and this is my second cruise with RCCL. My first cruise in 2005 with RCCL to Europe was not the best and decided I would not cruise further with them. My TA suggested I try them again and sail to the Caribbean with them for another chance. I want to say "Thank You" to my TA for this great suggestion because this was the complete opposite of my last cruise with them. I had a wonderful time and met wonderful people on this ship.

Our room was the inside promenade room, I loved it, it was perfect. I stayed in rooms from inside cabins to penthouses and I find the promenade very comfortable and had plenty of walking room. Our room steward was the best, and to anyone that has Randy consider yourself lucky. I don't mind tipping when I have great service. He introduced himself to us within a few hours of getting into our room. The ship was clean and all the employees on the ship were extremely friendly. I had no problem with the food at all, I don't understand why I heard people say during the breakfast buffet "the same food" it had everything you could possibly want. I wish someone would say to them "what is missing" because to those people.......nothing could make them happy. It was nice the servers would get coffee for us in the morning and clear off our plates quickly. The lunches were just as wonderful. We went to Johnnie Rockets one afternoon, this was fun and sitting outside and watching the dancers. The cookies, the Ben & Jerry how I miss you. We had Main seating for dinner and met 2 wonderful couples, one from Canada the other Pennsylvania. The other couple never came to dinner and missed out on a wonderful week of fine dining and company.

Our first stop was Puerto Rico, we took a city tour on our own and had a great time. We stopped at a local restaurant in Old San Juan and sampled some authentic food, delish........(the only thing I understood was the word Pollo on the menu and our waiter did not speak english but our choices were great).Our next stop was St Thomas, I have been there many times but never tire of this beautiful island. We decided to go to St. Johns and enjoyed the boat ride and the beach. Our day in Dominican Republic we went to Bayahibe beach tour. The weather wasn't too nice and we had to be back at the ship by 1:00. My favorite place was Labadee, we had a great day, great food and it is a must. I wish we had two days there. There was two days at sea going and two days at sea coming home. On Saturday, I had reservations for the Savor Luncheon, this was something I wanted to do. I know it's $55.00 per person but its worth every cent. There is only room for 20 people to attend, we went on the Galley tour and it was extremely interesting. We were very fortunate to have the head chef take us on our tour.......amazing . We then made our way to Portofino's for our luncheon. There was a beautiful place setting with our names, my husband was thrilled to sit next to the chef(hubby graduated from culinary school and was thrilled about this)We had a chosen wine with each course and they had no problems refilling our glasses multiple times. The food was so good and the wine was perfect. You do get a wonderful cook book with this luncheon and they will sign it for you. The only thing I didn't like was it was the last day of my cruise, the cruise I have been waiting for and it was about to be over the next day.

I had a wonderful, exciting cruise and I met wonderful people as well as finally meeting many from Cruise Critic. I do hope RCCL sends more ships out of Bayonne so I can continue to sail from there. I'm very happy with RCCL and will cruise with them again. In all my cruises, I can say each cruise line wants to make you happy. I love to cruise and I do enjoy all cruise lines. The object is to not dwell on little things but to enjoy the whole picture. One thing cruising will always be #1 to me.........November .....11 day cruise to Europe here I come...........

Dorene