Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Thirdbase: A great time on Majesty

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

A great time on Majesty

Sail Date: February 2008
Destination: Bahamas

This was our 3rd cruise with RCL, 5th overall so the wife and I know what to expect and how most things should work.

Driving to Miami was a snap, we live 2 1/2 hours north, near Vero Beach, FL. We are lucky to have access to 4 ports within 2 1/2 hours. Parking at Miami port terminal is now $20 a day. Easy to get into, seemed like plenty of spaces and a very short walk to RCL's terminal.

We dropped of the bags curb side, attendants were everywhere. Once inside though we hit the low point of the cruise, the embarking procedure. At Port Canaveral we were on ship in no time. This time in Miami, we arrived at noon, and didn't step onboard until after 2pm. Line after line, waiting in a room after we received our sign and sail, where we were given a number and waited until it was called to go wait in another checkpoint. Maybe the ship wasn't ready or something, I don't know. I also didn't know as Crown & anchor members we had a special area to board. Remember, I said More MOST things, in my opening sentence.

Anyway, once onboard, things picked up considerably. We took the Majesty's sister ship Sovereign in July, and was not impressed by the condition of the ship, especially our room. So I was slightly concerned on how this would look.

All I can say is much, much better. The room this time was perfect, everything worked, no missing trim pieces, rust holes etc. Our attendant was very good, and always around, so much in fact she snuck in on me after a quick knock on the door. Thankfully for her I was dressed.

We had the first seating at dinner, and Charles the Head waiter, Aljehandro, the dining room waiter, and the assistant waiter Manuel, were the best we have ever had on any cruise. Everynight they were spot ontop of everything. Excellent service.

Dinner were always served the proper temp and tasty. I usually get 2 apps and 2 entries and the only misstep I thought was their pasta dishes were a little bland. Also serving size of the vegetable at each meal was small. I mean 2, 4 inch pieces of asparagus?

My second slight complaint was that they were out of my favorite beer, Sam Adams before the cruise started. Probably a missed delivery, cant do much about that. But, whatever other beer I chose, it always wasn't quite cold enough. Wasn't lukewarm, but not ice cold either. I keep my beer at home near freezing, so maybe I'm nitpicking.

Wife loved her daily drink specials, which I had also. Good flavor and best of all, strong!

On this cruise I saw more shows than the last 4 combined. They comedian Rick Corso on the first night was very funny, and could sing pretty good too. The second & fourth night the RCL production shows were entertaining and engaged the audience well. On the 3rd night a magician/comedian Tim Hill performed and was the weakest of the 4. Not terrible, but I wouldn't go see him again.

Tried Johnny Rockets this time, with their $3.95 cover charge, and was hooked. Fantastic hamburgers, greasy fries, and great desserts. Just what you'd expect at a 1950's drive in joint. The staff also performed their signature song and dance to the Bee Gee's Staying Alive every night we were there. They were good and seemed into it.

Casino was the casino, took my money again. will try to avoid on septembers cruise. We also went to the C & A welcome party, which they served free drinks and provided music for about 1 hour.

Took part in Quest, I wont reveal any details, but not as wild as I expected. It was fun though.

Coco Cay was my highlight, the weather was perfect, everything on the Island was perfect. Plenty of beach chairs, the BBQ lunch was very good and all the drinks were made very strong! My only beef was the volleyball pit. the sand need to be screened to weed out the rocks and shells in there. There are baseball sized pieces of rock that cut my shin open with a 6 inch gash. Be careful if you play hard and dive for a shot.

Overall a fantastic time, the ship was good and the staff was perfect. No complaints here. In fact were booked another one while onboard! Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>