Westerdam Cruise Review by Brandy101

Member Name: Brandy101
Cruise Date: January 2008
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: d
See More About: Westerdam Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Westerdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Westerdam Deck Plans
A WONDERFUL CRUISE
I sailed aboard the Holland America Westerdam, Jan. 27th. sailing. The ports of call were: Half Moon Cay, Aruba and Curacao. This was my 6th. cruise on Holland America and my 47th. cruise in total. As always, I find Holland America to be one of the best cruise lines I have sailed on. I arrived at the ship at 12:30PM and embarkation was quick and easy. The Lido buffet was very crowded at this time and this was perhaps my only negative experience, trying to get a table while dragging my carry on luggage around with me as the cabin was not yet ready. From that point on everything was perfect. The cabin, an outside without a balcony was spacious. My room steward Suga did an excellent job in keeping the cabin fresh and clean. Everything was always taken care of in my absence. The food was excellent. I ate breakfast and lunch in the Lido and there were plenty of excellent choices each day. At dinner I shared a table with eight and had great dinner companions. The nightly menu's had so many excellent choices it was difficult to make a decision as to what to order. And everything was delicious and served elegantly. My waiter Mario and his assistant Budi did everything in their power to make each meal a wonderful experience. The head chef even came around one evening to ask how we were enjoying the food and everyone at my table agreed that everything was great. In reading the previous reviews I was amazed at the negative comments. I could not ask for a better cruise experience than I had on the Westerdam.

Publication Date: 02/07/08