Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Cathy

Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Glory Fantastic!
This was our first cruise. We celebrated our 25th anniversary. The cruise was above and beyond our expectations. Embarkation went very smoothly. I had a surprise appendectomy exactly one week before the cruise and I was still able to go. I figured better to recuperate on a ship than at home. I literally have never been more relaxed in my life! The whole week was so wonderful we didn't want it to end! I've had the Post Cruise Blues ever since I got home.

Gabriel was our state room steward. He was so wonderful! He literally rolled out the red carpet every day. We felt so pampered when we returned from dinner every night with our bed turned down for us. One day I needed a bandage, called for Gabriel and he was there in an instant asking what he could do for us and brought the bandage pronto! We had a balcony room that was very nice. It's worth the extra price. It was a little annoying when we were outside enjoying the view and the guy next to us would come out on his balcony and light a cigarette. We just went inside and waited a few minutes until he was finished.

Our room was directly above White Heat disco. The loud thumping went on until the wee hours of the morning. We complained and were refunded 20% of the price of the cruise plus what we had spent on our sign and sail card!!!

We ate in the Upper Platinum dining room. What a treat! Our waitresses were Cristina and Mihaela from Romania. They made us feel like royalty. The food was elite prepared by master chefs! Every day we were excited to see what new exotic dishes were on the menu. Our seating was at 8:00. We got hungry waiting til that late, but we would just go to the Lido deck for a snack. We could get a piece of fruit or a yogurt or ice cream cone any time of the day. We ate breakfast at the buffet on the Lido deck every morning and enjoyed the variety. The busboys were just a little too eager to clear our plates and silverware, so we were using more silverware than we needed to.

We loved the activities and games and especially loved Wee Jimmy. What a fine cruise director and so funny! I had so many funny stories to share about him when I got home. The shows were very good. The classical musicians were good but not overly exciting. I am a professional classical musician and I would have appreciated more musical playing and dynamics and more familiar classical pieces. The 2nd violinist did not match the 1st violinist in volume. Maybe her instrument wasn't as good, but one could barely hear her! The lounge singer and pop music pianist were not good. Tara, the highly-caffeinated art history teacher auctioneer was a little much for us. She made us feel bad when we weren't bidding on $5000+ pieces of art.

The islands were fun. We planned our own excursions. On Nassau, Bahamas we went to a charming little zoo and went to a restaurant for lunch that was famous for its conch fritters. On St. Thomas we ate a very romantic dinner on our anniversary at Herve's. Incredible! We'll never forget it. We upgraded my diamond engagement ring at Diamonds International. Sheila, the sales rep there, was very attentive and helped us decide what to get. She was very patient and had lots of neat ideas to choose from. We really liked her. We rented a car on St. Thomas and also the next day on St. Maarten/St. Martin and drove around the islands. Wonderful!!

We felt so pampered on this cruise. I would recommend a cruise to anyone who needs to relax and reconnect with a spouse and get away from it all! Incredible!! We can't wait for our next cruise. We're hooked!

Publication Date: 01/28/08